Thread: against 4-4-2 ???

against 4-4-2 ???

guys tomorrow i have league match in morning .. i need help what should i do for this tactic ? idk :/ need help against 4-4-2 ???-champions-league.jpg

Apprentice
    Always play a 4-3-3 situation but with some accurate adjustments To have rotating players. Keep it narrow, play midfield. Basically what you have to get is one of your strikers moves into a slight Amc position in defense. Mid Mc into a dmc position and one Dc going over the wing during attack (pref a dc/drc) this way you keep plenty defense against 2 strikers, you have enough power in midfield and enough scoring power in the front but one very important asset is the fact you shut down their wingers.

keep mixed passing. Counter and offside off, zonal marking, attack play, normal tackles, and pass through midfield.

The backs stay as is.

-------st-st-↓st↓-------
    ----------------------
    ------mc-↓mc↓-mc-----
    -------------------------
    --DC---DC---DC---↑DC↑---
    against 4-4-2 ???-immagine.jpg

Hope this will help you!

but i have only 2 ST

Famous
    You have the correct idea. Use either your current 3n-2w-2n-1-2 or a 4-1-2-1-2 ND/4-1-3n-2/4-3n-1-2 and try to overrun his central midfield.

I suffered a 2:0 defeat against 4-1-2-1-2 ND with 4-4-2 classic during the 2nd leg of the champions league QTRfinals last season. (My team was stronger)! I had all starters with max morale, max condition and max win bonus as well this game.

There are also several other posts about countering 4-4-2 classic on this formation, you should take a look at them for better incite to counter this formation.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 03-18-2015 at 12:57 AM.