Thread: New guy needs some advice + how to counter?

New guy needs some advice + how to counter?

Hey there,

i'm new to the game and just wanna know how to handle it with "W", "V", or Diamond Formations. How do they look like? Or how can i recognize what a "V", "W", "D", or "c" is?? . Could someone of the Veterans here explain it please?

Here's my next formation i have to encounter:
    New guy needs some advice + how to counter?-topeleven_01.jpg

So, what kind of formation is this? 4V-4V-2 ? And how to counter?

Thanks for your patience and your advice guys

Try with 3-1-4-2, 3DC, 1DM (with arrow backward), 4MC (2 wingers with arrow upfront and 2 midfielders) and 2ST. If the opponent is stronger 1 or 2 stars, you should play defensive, with passing down both flanks, no pressing and force counter attack.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Walther Mummpitz View Post
    Hey there,

i'm new to the game and just wanna know how to handle it with "W", "V", or Diamond Formations. How do they look like? Or how can i recognize what a "V", "W", "D", or "c" is?? . Could someone of the Veterans here explain it please?

Here's my next formation i have to encounter:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	topeleven_01.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	43298

So, what kind of formation is this? 4V-4V-2 ? And how to counter?

Thanks for your patience and your advice guys
    V style is midfielders at V shape( DMC - MC - MC - AML - AMR). W means wide positions, example DL/DC/DR is 3W defenders. Diamond means midfielders with DMC - MC - MC - AMC. N means narrow position, example MC - MC - MC or DC - DC - DC.

That tactic is illegal in old days, but not anymore. I recommend you to use 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond or 4-3n-1-2, attack through the middle.