Thread: Help with some formations

Help with some formations

I need help with two formations that I had some problems with. I tried to counter 3-2-2-2-1 Butterfly using 4-3n-2w-1 just as the table of counter formations says, and went terribly, same with 4-5-1 Flat, used 3-5-2 V and nothing went as expected, and in this match I switched to 3w-1-3n-1-2 on second half, but couldn't win anyways.
    In both matches my team did so bad and forms were terrible, here are some proofs:

Help with some formations-1.jpg
    Help with some formations-2.png
    Help with some formations-3.jpg
    Help with some formations-4.png

Thing is that my team in both matches was much better than my opponent's one, I don't understand why I couldn't win.
    I lost very important points, now I need help to counter these formations in the future, can you guys give me some options? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Iggari; 04-29-2015 at 01:31 PM.
    Current level: 5

League:

S2: / S3: 5º / S4: / S5:

Champions:

S3: / S5:

Cup:

S1:

Famous
    For the second match:

I'd use 3W defenders (3w-5-2 V), instead of 3N against the 4-5-1 flat. With 3N defenders, you have no one defending the AML/AMR.

Another things that stands out is the poor form of your strikers! Any rating below a "7" is extremely poor for a striker. With a midfielder, "6" isn't desirable, but is understandable since good performing MC's are hard to come by. However, with strikers, most the top teams will have someone consistently netting an "8" or better, so you're really handicapping yourself with strikers getting a 6 or lower.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 04-29-2015 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Another things that stands out is the poor form of your strikers! Any rating below a "7" is extremely poor for a striker. With a midfielder, "6" isn't desirable, but is understandable since good performing MC's are hard to come by. However, with strikers, most the top teams will have someone consistently netting an "8" or better, so you're really handicapping yourself with strikers getting a 6 or lower.
    My strikers are pretty good and they use to get 8-9 on most matches, I don't really know what happened on this ones, their morale is maxed, how a striker can get a 4 this way? it's unexplanaible, unless my team has a weird bug or something, because it's pretty weird that on both matches my team did this bad, I'm 1º on my league and on finals of Champions League, my team is pretty good overall. x_x
    Current level: 5

League:

S2: / S3: 5º / S4: / S5:

Champions:

S3: / S5:

Cup:

S1: