Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hope Rugg

Thread: 4-4-2

4-4-2

Hello!

j`have a lot of formations in my league using 4-4-2.

What formations you use to beat 4-4-2?

Rookie
    One option is a 4-5-1 V formation with attacking up the flanks, short passing and arrows on the AMR and LMR if against a weaker team. If not leave neutral. Mentality would depend on quality of opposition
    Moisés Eirinha likes this.

Famous
    Truthfully, 4-4-2 classic is the most balanced formation in Top Eleven which makes it arguably the most difficult formation to beat. A strong 4-4-2 can make life difficult for any formation.

There are some formations that at times do fare well against 4-4-2 classic; such as 4-5-1 V-style (as mentioned above), 4-1-2-1-2 ND, 3n-2w-2n-2w-1 (butterfly) and 3n-4-1-2. Their may be a few others as well.

To best address the matchup, look at your opponents rosters and see if you can identify any poor performers. For example, midfielders (MC's and DMC's) routinely are amongst the poorest players in this game (poor ratings). If your opponent has a few players that average well below a "7" rating at these positions, attacking through the middle with a narrow diamond or something similar is highly recommended.

I usually either play the diamond or mirror the 4-4-2!!!
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 05-19-2015 at 12:47 AM.

451 flat

Rookie
    For me this works very well against 442c:

4-3n-1-2 defensive, passing through middle, pressing own half, normal tackling and mixed passing style, zonal marking and counter attack, optionally offside trap also if u have fast defenders. red arrow at amc.

I used 4 1 2 2 1 v style, defensive, long ball, atck both flank.works well on me