Thread: 4-4-2

4-4-2

Okay, so today i played Semifinals in CL and lost to a guy who played 4-4-2 and so did i.

He had home-game and won with 3-1, he got average 46 and i got 47 average, why did i lose, and shouldnt i win the home game?

Not necessarily - things like team orders can affect the way a team plays, even more than quality difference. Check the game stats and player performance scores, and the quality of the individual players. If he's got better quality players matched up against your weaker players then he's got an advantage there. For example, if they're on the wing and he's using focus passing down wings, then your weaker players will tire faster and his better players will be able to make more plays.

Consider using another formation - 3N-4-1-2, 4-5-1 V-Style, 3N-2-2-2-1 Butterfly formations will counter a 4-4-2, providing you have the players that will play in those positions in your squad.

The best thing in your favour is that you have an away goal, and your better average quality and home advantage may be enough to counter the tactics he used in the 1st leg - beat him 2-0 at home and you're through.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Rookie
    for 4-4-2 if you have good players, you must use 3-2-1-2-2 attacking!!!