Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Corona

Thread: Comments on 3W-2(DML/DMR)-3N-2 please...

Comments on 3W-2(DML/DMR)-3N-2 please...

Away Cup match today - Opponent has this formation set up - any comments on counter formation?

Comments on 3W-2(DML/DMR)-3N-2 please...-cup-s23-pr1.jpg

I was thinking 3N-4-1-2...
    Last edited by talisman; 05-31-2015 at 08:59 AM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Rookie
    i would try 3-5-2 flat. defending/normal mentality, attack through middle, own half, normal, mixed/long, zonal, counter on, offside off.

your 3 defenders should be able to counter those 2 strikers. you got 3 cm to counter his 3 cm, maybe a good idea to put a blue arrow on ur center cm. your 2 central strikers could have some changes against his lone dc. just be ware of his dmr/dml.

I used 3N-4-1-2 with different orders, and won 1-0 - he was slightly better than me quality wise...

I might try the flat at home in the second leg, though. Thanks for the reply.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Rookie
    good result! ofcourse if your stats are good and you won, dont try different if he plays the same. then just use 3n-4-1-2 good luck next match!

Apprentice
    I like using 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond in this case with red arrows on DL/DR. 2 DC against 2 ST, Diamond midfielders against 3 narrow MC, DMC supports 2 DC, AMC exploit the space behind midfielders, 2 ST destroy lone DC. His DL/DR/DML/DMR have no one to mark.

Quote Originally Posted by padrino View Post
    I like using 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond in this case with red arrows on DL/DR. 2 DC against 2 ST, Diamond midfielders against 3 narrow MC, DMC supports 2 DC, AMC exploit the space behind midfielders, 2 ST destroy lone DC. His DL/DR/DML/DMR have no one to mark.
    Good thought, I can see where you're going there - unfortunately I tried ND a couple of times last season where it was an absolute fit and the side tanked (not horribly, but going to a winged formation did stop the rot). They just like their two 'flying wingers' to play.

2nd leg @ home, same formation and orders drew 2-2 (won 3-2 on aggregate). Main differences: opposition manager turned up for this one, plus one more friend than I had in attendance.

Rookie
    Good to hear you went trough! good luck next matches
    talisman likes this.