Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jan Daněk
  • 1 Post By pcmacdaniel

Thread: Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Thoughts?-capture.jpg Thoughts on my formation/team?

Famous
    Strengths

Your team has a lot of quality.
    Your team can play through the flanks or through the middle, giving it some adaptability.

Weaknesses:

a. You have two out of position players, which will create a -10% possession penalty. At low levels, your quality will overrun most opponents, even with 2 OOP players, but towards the end of the champions league (level 4 or 5 and above) it'll catch up to you.
    b. This probably isn't a great main formation, since it has two very noticeable weaknesses; limited flank defense and limited bodies defending the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Strengths

Your team has a lot of quality.
    Your team can play through the flanks or through the middle, giving it some adaptability.

Weaknesses:

a. You have two out of position players, which will create a -10% possession penalty. At low levels, your quality will overrun most opponents, even with 2 OOP players, but towards the end of the champions league (level 4 or 5 and above) it'll catch up to you.
    b. This probably isn't a great main formation, since it has two very noticeable weaknesses; limited flank defense and limited bodies defending the midfield.
    Agree with almost everything, but I don't think there are limited bodies to defending the midfield, it's ok for me.
    Main problems are flank defense, players out of position and BLUE ARROWS ON STRIKES??? NOOOO also DMC without blue arrow is better choice.
    pcmacdaniel likes this.
    Currently season 17 - level 17

League Winners (12) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16
    League Runner-up (3) - Levels 5, 13, 15
    League 3rd place (1) - Level 8

26-0-0 league (1) - Level 4
    Champions League Winners (8) - Levels 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16
    Champions League Finalist (2) - Levels 13, 14

Cup Winners (3) - Levels 1, 4, 15
    Cup Finalist - Level 13

TEAM HISTORY

Apprentice
    With these players, you could play with 4-3n-2w-1, 4-2-2-2 Hexagon, 4-3n-1-2, 5-2-2w-1. That's enough for almost opponents.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Daněk View Post
    Agree with almost everything, but I don't think there are limited bodies to defending the midfield, it's ok for me.
    Main problems are flank defense, players out of position and BLUE ARROWS ON STRIKES??? NOOOO also DMC without blue arrow is better choice.
    Agreed about blue arrows on the ST's and DMC; Don't know how I missed the blue arrowed ST on my first comment.

Regarding the midfield, I understand your point of view. However, I like using 3 players (DMC/MC) to defend my midfield, instead of 2 when playing against the central focused ones such as 4-1-2-1-2 ND, 4-3n-3, 4-1-3n-2, 4-3n-1-2, etc...
    Jan Daněk likes this.

What formation should I roll that would be balanced?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEver Clone View Post
    What formation should I roll that would be balanced?
    The most balanced formation is the 4-4-2 classic.

Based upon the players you've got (assuming you haven't made any roster moves since your original post), either 4-2-2-2 hexagon or 4-3n-1-2 as your default formation. It depends upon which formation your players have the best form with.

If your able to watch your match, then playing the counter-formation game is an option as well.

Good Luck!