Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pcmacdaniel

Thread: Use of arrows and instructions

Use of arrows and instructions

What is the logic behind the use of arrows and instructions?

--> Am new player (season 3), by reading some tutorials I can figure out the right formation. However, I do not understand yet how to use arrows and instructions effectively.

Example, played opponent who uses 41212 narrow. Chose 451d to counter it.
    Won the statistics (possesion 55 vs 45, shots 18 vs 11). But lost the game 2-0. Which is bad, but what makes it worse: my opponent had an slightly less team with especially bad DLs & DRs. + he received red card in 45th minute.

I chose flank attack and have good players at AML & AMR.
    Didn't give them arrows because maybe more freedom since missing ML & MR at opponent.

Apparantly this was not the right instructions and tactics.
    I read some forums about countering, see that 451d is a good possibility... and then the advice to use Attack through middle?!

Don't understand it.
    Maybe someone can explain the logic? or tell which arrows and instructions you would have used against a 412n12 of equal quality team?

Can you tell what is your Players morale? and what is the usual rakings from your Players??
    More than the tatics, I pay more focus on the TEAM morale and Players Rakings!

To deal with loses or victories
    THE ACES

Manager Lvl 76
    ´Powerful & magic Football is our Golden rule´
    PORTUGAL

THE ACES oficial page

There should be plenty of threads on Arrows including in the last couple of days.

Flank players had excellent/good morale, as the rest of my team... Except the 2 CM's.
    Maybe they heavily affected my team.. Though would expect less ball possession instead of lots of missed chances.
    But maybe am wrong on that!
    --> Today another match agains equal opponent, still bad form for my CM's, no in form replacements. Will experiment with adding a third CM. If you are right I'll probably lose again :-0

Other threads about arrows: Yeah. The most explicit I found:
    "Noone really knows, generally an attacking arrow enforces attacking quality, a defensive arrow enforces defensive quality."

I was hoping maybe someone would know a little more and could share. Possibly by the example I put up.
    But I'll experiment with what I found --> Give all players with +defensive skills a defensive arrow, and +attacking skill an offensive one.

Jaron try to get the CM´s with good rakings n morale. If you have the rest of the team with good rakings and with morale...
    Dont put ATTACK mentality, try to choose Defensive or normal... and Att arrows on the both wingers

*hope you can sub that 2 low form CM´s
    THE ACES

Manager Lvl 76
    ´Powerful & magic Football is our Golden rule´
    PORTUGAL

THE ACES oficial page

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaron View Post

Other threads about arrows: Yeah. The most explicit I found:
    "Noone really knows, generally an attacking arrow enforces attacking quality, a defensive arrow enforces defensive quality."

I was hoping maybe someone would know a little more and could share. Possibly by the example I put up.
    But I'll experiment with what I found --> Give all players with +defensive skills a defensive arrow, and +attacking skill an offensive one.
    Unfortunately, from my understanding, that's the best official response nordeus has given us. They aren't exactly the best at communicating what these things mean, leaving us to figure it either by ourselves or with the help of the player community.

In your matchup, use red arrows on the flanks, since you're focusing the passing down them. DL/DR with red arrows with support the AML/AMR more. Blue arrows on the MC's since your opponent's MC's probably have red arrows if he's running the 4-1-2-1-2 ND.

Against this formation (If I play 4-5-1V), I use defensive/down the flanks/own half pressing/hard tackle/long passing/zonal - force counters/no offsides. Red arrows on DL/DR, AML/AMR and blue arrows on MC's.

What were your orders?
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 06-04-2015 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks Ivodrago! I can not change my CM's (could give them boosters, but I save those for later on in the game). But your comments helped me realize that one of my wingers in the last match, scored a 5(!) while being my best player in Excellent form. So that teached me I should never use him at AML anymore, great stuff.

PCMacdaniel, I keep all instructions as general as possible because I do not understand what changes lead to what.
    Of course when behind I start pressing all over the pitch, long balls, heavy tackling, attack.
    But orders to start with in a tight match.. I have no clue when short/long passing does more damage, and when I should use Man Marking + Offside trap. I read quite some posts on this forum and in my feeling 80% of the tips are to use zonal marking & no offside trap with Mixed passing. So I go with that untill I understand when I should change this.
    Maybe you have tips?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaron View Post
    Thanks Ivodrago! I can not change my CM's (could give them boosters, but I save those for later on in the game). But your comments helped me realize that one of my wingers in the last match, scored a 5(!) while being my best player in Excellent form. So that teached me I should never use him at AML anymore, great stuff.

PCMacdaniel, I keep all instructions as general as possible because I do not understand what changes lead to what.
    Of course when behind I start pressing all over the pitch, long balls, heavy tackling, attack.
    But orders to start with in a tight match.. I have no clue when short/long passing does more damage, and when I should use Man Marking + Offside trap. I read quite some posts on this forum and in my feeling 80% of the tips are to use zonal marking & no offside trap with Mixed passing. So I go with that untill I understand when I should change this.
    Maybe you have tips?
    Long passing is for defensive play; your defending in your territory, steal the ball from the opponent then launch a long pass to your wingers/strikers to catch the opponent in transition. Usually formation with defensive midfielders are better adapt at stopping the counter-attacks since they provide a buffer to prevent the counters before reaching the DL, DC and DR's.

Short passing is for attacking mentality, especially when playing through the middle since your players are so close to each other.

Short passing will grant your more possession, where long passing will cause you to lose possession. However, there are times when it is better to use long passing, instead of short passing; it just depends on the opponent.

Offside trap, i'm not really sure what its purpose is.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 06-04-2015 at 03:17 PM.
    sparklinginsilence likes this.

Excellent stuff again.. Especially part of defensive midfielder being a counter attack-killer.. That's really new to me and makes good sense.
    Time to put all the stuff you guys taught me in effect.. The next 41212n opponent match starts in 2 minutes.. time to grab some popcorn and see if my new line up, arrows & instructions grant me more success.
    Thanks!