Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By JSully89
  • 1 Post By HoofDaddy

Thread: How to beat 4-2-1-2-1

How to beat 4-2-1-2-1-untitled.jpg
    Last edited by Dapo Olukomaiya; 06-12-2015 at 06:12 PM.

You can't, they have Jackie Chan. Tough luck dude.

Rookie
    Wrong forum FYI but anyways, I would treat it like a 4-3N-2(aml/amr)-1 , I think some will also call it a 4-3N-2W-1.

With my team setup, I would probably go with a 4-3-3 with red arrows on my DR/DL so they're all over the wide AM's, that way I have two DC's zone covering the lone striker. 3 MC's to match the opponent MC/DMC's and my MC's would dominate. 3 strikers to overwhelm the back line and I'm hoping their DR/DL are pushing up field (almost into a 2N-2W-3N-2W-1 type of formation). If I'm home then I'm attacking, away I would set mentality to normal. Counter on, offsides on (yup, I'd do both). Attack through the middle, mixed or short passing (again, I expect my MC to dominate), press in half-field if playing away or press whole field if home, I always tackle hard.
    Breached Protocol - look hard enough and you'll find one, somewhere, everywhere
    Season: 17. Level: 16.
    Competitions won: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16. Runner-up: 4
    Champions League won: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 16. Third: 15
    Cups won: 2 [Level 3], 4 [L6], 10 [L13], 14 [L17], 16[L19]. Runner-up: 7 [L9], 11 [L14], 15[L18]. Third: 6 [L8].
    TRIPLE CROWNS: 14, 16

yeah these formations are usually a response to short zonal formations so you have to attack man to man and press and hope your mcs dont foul out lol
    the bit about the counter and trap on is true because you have to bait up their dmcs to create space to deliver.
    Adam T. Brown likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam T. Brown View Post
    Wrong forum FYI but anyways, I would treat it like a 4-3N-2(aml/amr)-1 , I think some will also call it a 4-3N-2W-1.

With my team setup, I would probably go with a 4-3-3 with red arrows on my DR/DL so they're all over the wide AM's, that way I have two DC's zone covering the lone striker. 3 MC's to match the opponent MC/DMC's and my MC's would dominate. 3 strikers to overwhelm the back line and I'm hoping their DR/DL are pushing up field (almost into a 2N-2W-3N-2W-1 type of formation). If I'm home then I'm attacking, away I would set mentality to normal. Counter on, offsides on (yup, I'd do both). Attack through the middle, mixed or short passing (again, I expect my MC to dominate), press in half-field if playing away or press whole field if home, I always tackle hard.
    I am also facing this setup today, and I will start with a 4-3-3. Two of my strikers are also wingers, so I can switch back to my usual 4-3-2-1 attacking flanks if I feel it's necessary later on.

But I was just wondering, why would you be more aggressive at home and more defensive away? Away goals are a tie-breaker in cup/champions league matches. I look to score as many goals as I can in away, and pretty much go for a clean sheet in home matches.

Quote Originally Posted by JSully89 View Post
    You can't, they have Jackie Chan. Tough luck dude.
    ...but also has Tony Blair in goal - he's fond of giving things away...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...