Thread: I am losing with formation 4-1-2-1-2

I am losing with formation 4-1-2-1-2

Hi. I am currently using the formation 4-1-2-1-2, and I am not sure why I keep on losing even to weaker opponents. I have improved my squad pretty much and they are all 5 stars, with 1 or 2 players being 6 stars. I had even purchased a scout. Even still, my team is losing every single match, and even when it seldomly wins, the scoreline is only by 1-0. Please someone help me! My manager level is Level 9 by the way...

I also lost matches with 4-1-2-1-2., with no wing
    Especially against teams that had wingers
    Do what you're saying, then you aren't lying

4-1-2-1-2 works well for me

I am losing with formation 4-1-2-1-2-v%C3%BDst%C5%99i%C5%BEek.jpg
    I am losing with formation 4-1-2-1-2-v%C3%BDst%C5%99i%C5%BEek2.jpg
    I am losing with formation 4-1-2-1-2-v%C3%BDst%C5%99i%C5%BEek3.jpg
    Currently season 17 - level 17

League Winners (12) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16
    League Runner-up (3) - Levels 5, 13, 15
    League 3rd place (1) - Level 8

26-0-0 league (1) - Level 4
    Champions League Winners (8) - Levels 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16
    Champions League Finalist (2) - Levels 13, 14

Cup Winners (3) - Levels 1, 4, 15
    Cup Finalist - Level 13

TEAM HISTORY

Famous
    Currently visiting level 5 and Narrow diamond works like a charm for me (for now )!

Btw we have 9 champs, couple CL and Cup and (bi)winners and a treble guy! after 10 rounds im leading the group! between 1st (me) and 14th guy only 2 yes TWO diffs in Quality!

Thanks to the new Nordeus idiotic drawing system... until my 30ish "friends" playing another CRAP YES CRAP (TWICE!) teams... (their best of 7 teams that having 30Q gonna promote to the next level until our 40ish teams not lol... yes that's logical )

I played a game with a person 3 quality lower than me, and I only manage to win him barely 2-1. The person leading my group is also playing that formation but she had won this guy 7-0 before. However, my quality is higher than the person leading the table. I just don't understand why my team is under performing.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavanraj Selvaraju View Post
    I played a game with a person 3 quality lower than me, and I only manage to win him barely 2-1. The person leading my group is also playing that formation but she had won this guy 7-0 before. However, my quality is higher than the person leading the table. I just don't understand why my team is under performing.
    Form over Quality!

Just because a player has 6 stars of quality, doesn't guarantee them to be a good player. At one time, I once purchased 3 consecutive MC's from my scout list and all of them seldom got above a "5" rating. A 6* player with a "5" rating will be outperformed by a 3* player with a "7" rating. If you have players like this in the middle of your diamond like I did, your team is going to struggle with lesser quality teams.

If you're not maxing win bonus, morale and condition, maybe doing so could help improve their performance. My 3 MC's sadly wouldn't get above a "6" with the all three maxed. Some players don't play certain formations well and others don't play well no matter what the manager does (regardless of quality).

A change of orders is another option. I myself am not well versed in the 4-1-2-1-2 ND, but their are several very experienced players on this forum that will have very good advice in how to setup this formation.

Most of my player's quality are 7, no one are below 6. So do I still have to sell them and buy someone else?

Try 4-3-3,or 451 v style or 3-4-1-2.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavanraj Selvaraju View Post
    Most of my player's quality are 7, no one are below 6. So do I still have to sell them and buy someone else?
    Players averaging a "7" i'd keep. Any player averaging around a "6" i'd sell.

Its also important to note that some positions in general average a better average form than others.

MC's, DMC's and GK's usually have the poorest form in this game, so a player averaging between a "6" and "7" is recommended to keep until you find a few players at those respective positions that average above a "7".

ST's usually have the best form, so if you players form average is a "7" you have a dud. Generally, a quality ST is someone who gets mostly 8's with an occasional "7" or "9".

good defenders are usually a mixture of "7"s and "8"'s.

Reiterating the form thing, its bizarre but I have come across a one-star defender that got MOTM against me in the cup when I was level 6. This players quality was 16, so he was one-star for level 3 and I my strikers ranged from 5* to 7*. It was the only match I lost that entire cup tournament, which I went on to win. At lower levels its rarer to find low quality players dominating, but at higher levels where the quality gap is smaller (25 Q vs. 15Q is a larger percentage gap than 85Q and 75Q) so a players raw stats impact the match less, whereas hidden mode stats play a larger role in shaping player performance.

Opportunity and Expectation.

I'd reiterate pcmac's comments on form and player retention. Some roles are given more opportunity to do the rewarded things and others are given more opportunity to fail or just see the game pass them by. Those central midfielders (including dmcs)are just such an example and can be forgiven 6s if they are infrequent or in a winning set up. But if a dmc in an ND is not rating fairly often above 6 then either change the dmc or ND wasn't the best choice, imo.

I'd prefer it if the OP would post Squad stats.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Reiterating the form thing, its bizarre but I have come across a one-star defender that got MOTM against me in the cup when I was level 6. This players quality was 16, so he was one-star for level 3 and I my strikers ranged from 5* to 7*. It was the only match I lost that entire cup tournament, which I went on to win. At lower levels its rarer to find low quality players dominating, but at higher levels where the quality gap is smaller (25 Q vs. 15Q is a larger percentage gap than 85Q and 75Q) so a players raw stats impact the match less, whereas hidden mode stats play a larger role in shaping player performance.
    I'd probably say that ratings also include an 'expectation' factor. If players are expected to fail in an action then they will be greatly rewarded when they succeed and punished relatively less when they fail. Just a theory.