Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: How can i defeat a 4-1-4-1 formation

How can i defeat a 4-1-4-1 formation

I just qualified for the Champioms league final, and my opponent is using a 4-1-4-1 formation, not only that, his players are 5-6 stars which is my biggest fear cos i only have few 5star players. So i need help on what formation to use and the orders. Pleeaaassseee.....! Thanks!

central formation with counter attacks, normal mentality 3w-5-2 with blues on your wingers or 3w-4-2amc-1 with pressing and short passing. I don't think you will need a dmc as he is likely attacking flanks mixed or def flanks long. Look at his previous match sheets and determine where his tendencies and threats are.

Also, this belongs in formations and tactics.
    Last edited by HoofDaddy; 06-24-2015 at 10:26 PM.
    Exelous and shadymohit639 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HoofDaddy View Post
    central formation with counter attacks, normal mentality 3w-5-2 with blues on your wingers or 3w-4-2amc-1 with pressing and short passing. I don't think you will need a dmc as he is likely attacking flanks mixed or def flanks long. Look at his previous match sheets and determine where his tendencies and threats are.

Also, this belongs in formations and tactics.
    Thanks a bunch

Exelous, do post the results here. I won't recommend a formation to counter his formation as despite him having high quality players, he might have work hard to get his team into the final and he would be very disappointed if he looses to a lower quality team. I prefer to let be between the 2 managers involved only.
    KoronaChelsea likes this.

3-4-1-2.

I lost against this fomation in my CL semis

If the oponent have better players, hard trackling.

Quote Originally Posted by La Morralla FS View Post
    3-4-1-2.

I lost against this fomation in my CL semis

If the oponent have better players, hard trackling.
    Does that mean: 'if the opponent have better quality players, go break their legs' ?
    La Morralla FS likes this.

Well, he changed his formation to 3-4-1-2, while a played a 4-1-2-1-2 attacking through the middle. To cut the long story short, i won 1-0.
    La Morralla FS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Exelous View Post
    Well, he changed his formation to 3-4-1-2, while a played a 4-1-2-1-2 attacking through the middle. To cut the long story short, i won 1-0.
    So, you have a beaten a team having much better quality than you. It seems that he did not attend the match.
    May be you deserved to win.
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-27-2015 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    So, you have a beaten a team having much better quality than you. It seems that he did not attend the match.
    May be you deserved to win.
    He attended the match but got more supporters than him. Dunno if that count though

Then, may be you deserved to win because his formation is not the best to beat 4-4-2 diamond (unless he made an effort to change it during the match). Both formations appear to cancel each other as given that his quality is better than you, you had 2 more player in defensive positions (as compared to 1 for him) to prevent his advantage of quality in attack, which explains why he could not get a goal. Still, you could have lost the match though as your formation was not the best either.
    May be the orders for each team made the difference there. What mentality did you use?
    The extra supporters could have contributed too, which reduced his possession, and hence he had less opportunities to build attacks (hence, the 1-0).
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-27-2015 at 06:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast