Thread: Countering A 2-3-2-1-2 Formation

Countering A 2-3-2-1-2 Formation

Last time I have played against this team, I lost 2-3 at home, despite the opposing team being about 2 stars less in quality for the starting 11, and the manager did not even watch the game. It is one of the most difficult formations that I have faced so far. It looks like a more attacking diamond formation that prevent attacks from the wings. It seems that it is no longer required to play at least 3 defenders at the back (the penalty appears to be non-existent or negligible). This team currently tops its league with only wins so far (neither defeats nor draws), 28 goals scored in 5 matches and only 4 goals conceded. I shall call it the formation of the season so far.

I would like to see your views on countering with such a formation.

Last edited by Tactician; 07-04-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Dreamer
    I think Narrow Diamond is a good counter
    For that formation ?
    Do you need the orders ?
    Last edited by Stefanut Stefanut; 07-04-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanut Stefanut View Post
    I think Narrow Diamond is a good counter
    For that formation ?
    Do you need the orders ?
    attacking
    passing short
    through the middle

I have doubts whether this formation will work though.

Thanks for the reply.

4-4-2 classic or 4-1-3W-2. Normal, mixed, own half, Normal, mixed, zonal, no counter, no offside, no arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Pondus72 View Post
    4-4-2 classic or 4-1-3W-2. Normal, mixed, own half, Normal, mixed, zonal, no counter, no offside, no arrows.
    4-4-2 will probably fail; take into consideration that the formation is an 'advanced' diamond.

4-1-3W-2 might be helpful in defence because of the DMC.

By the way, offside trap does not seem to do anything in this game. So far, I have not seen any comments where a player was flagged offside, but I have seen a lot of players going through on goal 'freely'.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-04-2015 at 11:33 PM.

Famous
    I'd setup the same way I would against the 4-1-2-1-2 ND and play either 3n-1-4-2 or 3n-5-2 V. Yes, the DML/DMR will help a little bit more than DL/DR against the flanks, but by moving them into a higher setup, they'll offer less help defense against the 2 strikers. 3n-1-4-2/3n-5-2 would be my formations of choice here.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    I'd setup the same way I would against the 4-1-2-1-2 ND and play either 3n-1-4-2 or 3n-5-2 V. Yes, the DML/DMR will help a little bit more than DL/DR against the flanks, but by moving them into a higher setup, they'll offer less help defense against the 2 strikers. 3n-1-4-2/3n-5-2 would be my formations of choice here.
    I switched from 4-5-1 V-style to 3-5-2 V-style formation during the match after the opponent scored the first goal. My team equalised, but then the opponent scored twice. There may be something about the orders he used.

Thanks for the replies so far.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-04-2015 at 11:33 PM.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I switched from 4-5-1 V-style to 3-5-2 V-style formation during the match after the opponent scored the first goal. My team equalised, but then the opponent scored twice. There may be something about the orders he used.

Thanks for the replies so far.
    Could be the orders.

It also could be a variety of other factors as well. Blue and green packs in addition to the win bonus affect nordeus revenue so the game engine accounts for these things. If your opponent had one match that day (or you were his first match) and you played a match earlier, plus he maxed his win bonus and invested blue packs it might explain some of your teams struggles.

There is also the hidden mode attributes; those stats that impact a player performance which skill points can't be allotted too. It's why some players (drives me nuts when its my scout list adds) can't get good ratings no matter what the manager does.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-05-2015 at 12:32 AM.