Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I Need To Beat A Team Playing A Modified 4-3-3 By At Least A Goal Margin Of 2

  1. #1
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,054

    I Need To Beat A Team Playing A Modified 4-3-3 By At Least A Goal Margin Of 2

    My team got beaten in a Cup match against the team shown below. I played a 3-5-2 V style with long passing focus on the flanks, and my team got beaten 2-0 at home. I started with a defensive mentality, and I switch to attacking and removed the forced counter attack after my team conceded the first goal. Some help please; I need to beat this team by at least a goal margin of 2 (or 3 if he manages to score).

    Last edited by Tactician; 07-09-2015 at 03:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,054
    Please take into consideration that I have no player for MR position; so 4-1-4-1 should to be avoided if possible.

  3. #3
    Famous
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,271
    This is what I would do. However, I don't know your team or players...

    4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond. Attacking/through the middle/whole pitch/hard/short/zonal - no counter/no offsides. Reds on DL, DR, DMC, MC, MC and AMC.

    If possible, max win bonus, morale and condition. If you have 2 tokens to spare, use them to make him play 3 hours immediately following his league game so his players will have their condition drained.

    Good luck!

  4. #4
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,054
    Thanks for the reply. Make him play 3 hours after he had a match is a nice tactic, but I don't have access to his fixtures because he plays in another league.

    My team is as shown in the picture below.


  5. #5
    Famous
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Make him play 3 hours after he had a match is a nice tactic, but I don't have access to his fixtures because he plays in another league.

    My team is as shown in the picture below.

    Nordeus automatically locks out the 6 hour window, surrounding our matches. So if you're league match is at 10:00, you can't move the cup match to anytime between 07:00 and 13:00. This rescheduling also accounts for your opponents matches, so there will be a time frame window with locked out match-times outside of that 6 hour interval. For example, if you can't schedule the match at anytime after 06:30, it means the opponent's match is at 09:30 that day.

    Looks like you've got a pretty strong squad.

  6. #6
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,054
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Nordeus automatically locks out the 6 hour window, surrounding our matches. So if you're league match is at 10:00, you can't move the cup match to anytime between 07:00 and 13:00. This rescheduling also accounts for your opponents matches, so there will be a time frame window with locked out match-times outside of that 6 hour interval. For example, if you can't schedule the match at anytime after 06:30, it means the opponent's match is at 09:30 that day.

    Looks like you've got a pretty strong squad.
    I have worked hard and I dedicated a lot of time to the game to get many of these players.

    I think that my team should not have lost that game 0-2 as given the players I have and the tactics I have used, my team should have scored a few goals. I am not sure what went wrong; it is as if my team was not going to score a goal no matter what (something might be fishy).

    I am considering stopping using 4-5-1 V and 3-5-1 V as my main formations though. On paper, these formations seemed to be very strong and difficult to counter, especially the 4-5-1 V, but I don't trust these formations now. Lately, I had quite a few unconvincing results with these formations despite that these formations appeared to counter the formations used by the opponents. Some things in this game seem to have changed.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-09-2015 at 06:22 PM.

  7. #7
    Famous
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,271
    It seems strange. If I recall correctly, you're @ level 2, and at that level quality should overwhelm more than at higher levels (assuming quality isn't * relative).
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-09-2015 at 06:44 PM.

  8. #8
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,054
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    It seems strange. If I recall correctly, you're @ level 2, and at that level quality should overwhelm more than at higher levels (assuming quality isn't * relative).

    I do wonder if your squads struggles have less to do with football tactics and more to do with Nordeus business model? Blue and Greens equal revenue for them and how fast my players morale drops combined with close proximity of league matches, it takes a lot of resources over the course of the season, especially if i'm really want to win these competitions. I'm not even going to get started on the injury rate.
    Maybe, because I have noticed that my team was unconvincing in many matches where I should have won more convincingly given the players that I have and the tactics I have used. At the start in season 1, things were much better. Then, in the final 2 weeks or so, I have noticed something strange, as if my team was 'blocked'. This strange effect continued this season. The only relation with this strange effect that I have noticed is that it occurred when there is some construction going on; many forum users said it was just coincidence. During this match, I had a construction going on as well.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-09-2015 at 06:55 PM.

  9. #9
    Famous
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Maybe, because I have noticed that my team was unconvincing in many matches where I should have won more convincingly given the players that I have and the tactics I have used. At the start in season 1, things were much better. Then, in the final 2 weeks or so, I have noticed something strange, as if my team was 'blocked'. This strange effect continued this season. The only relation with this strange effect that I have noticed is that it occurred when there is some construction going on; many forum users said it was just coincidence. During this match, I had a construction going on as well.
    If construction is causing poor performance, I think it would have to be a bug (unintentional change in the programming code brought about my updating the game) since it doesn't make sense for nordeus to punish managers for spending (buying tokens).
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-09-2015 at 10:01 PM.

  10. #10
    VIP Buffs Mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,270
    Play 4141 and use your AMR at MR (unless he's already been tried there and is crap).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast