Thread: What's Counter For 4-4-2 Normal Tactic?

Rookie

What's Counter For 4-4-2 Normal Tactic?

Help please! How i can counter ST--ST
    ML MC MC MR
    DL DC DC DR ?

Famous
    Can you post a picture of your team and your opponents team? The forum members will be better able to help you if you do this.

Unfortunately, a hard counter to the 4-4-2 classic doesn't exist. The 4-4-2 is the ultimate generalist formation, the most balanced formation in this game. Its ability to pass through the flanks or through the middle and change its focused passing w/o making substitutions or changing a players position makes it extremely adaptable. There isn't a universal counter, but their are formations that sometimes do well against the 4-4-2, such as the 4-5-1 V, 3n-4-1-2, 4-3n-1-2, 4-3w-1-2 etc... (some seasons Nordeus might tweak the game engine to favor some formations against this goliath formation, so checking how other formation do against 4-4-2 is a wise idea too).

I recommend looking at your opponents players form and see where the weaker form guys are and attack those players and/or focusing the passing through your better players, then cross your fingers and hope for the best. Maybe their quality can also be used to gage what their orders are.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-13-2015 at 04:06 AM.

Apprentice
    i ve got some great victories by using 4-5-1 V or 4-2-3w-1. 4-2-3w-1 is a real killer. yesterday i defeated it with 4-2-3w-1. the opponend was second in my league. i used normal, mixed, full pitch, short, hard, zonal. red arrows on aml and amr. but sometimes you have to set only one single arrow on your st. you have to look on your pressure but. if you dont make any pressure on him, you should Change the arrows.

the orders for 4-5-1 v are very different, because sometimes you can beat an Opponent by pressing own half or somtimes by pressing full pitch.
    http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...e-4-4-2-a.html

Currently Season 46, LVL 42

My Team

Rookie
    thanks guys

Famous
    Narrow diamond? (4-1-2-1-2)