Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How to beat 4-1-3W-2

How to beat 4-1-3W-2

I have a match tomorrow with a team that I've already lost against. This league has been very competitive; I can't afford to lose any more matches than I already have, so I need some advice. Following the counter formations guide, I used 4-5-1 V-Style last time we played and lost 2-1. I have +3.8 AQ over him now, but I'm not sure if I should risk trying the same formation again or go with something new. Thoughts?

Where was the match that you lost, home or away?

Try 3-3W-2N-2 or 3-2W-2N-1-2.

Red arrows on MCs for 3-3W-2N-2.

Both these orders can be used for the above formations.

If it is for a home match, use the following.
    mentality: normal
    passing focus: middle
    passing: mixed
    tackling: normal
    marking: zonal
    pressing: own half
    no offside trap

If it is for an away match, use the following.
    mentality: defensive
    passing focus: middle
    passing: mixed
    tackling: normal or hard
    marking: zonal
    pressing: own half
    force counter attacks
    no offside trap
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-16-2015 at 05:31 AM.

Thanks for the tips. I started with 3-3W-2N-2 and conceded two goals. Switched to 3-2W-2N-1-2 and conceded another two for a 4-0 loss. With +4 AQ and home stadium advantage. I think the cards are just stacked against me for this league.

On paper, the two formations I have given you should have done the job. Losing by conceding 4 goals with such a formation is way too much. At least a draw with no goals or minimum goals was expected.
    What orders did you use?
    Post your team, the match statistics and ratings.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-16-2015 at 11:46 PM.

The previous match you used a 4-5-1 V-style, and you lost. So, I assumed that his wingers were the cause as the opposing AMC and STs are covered by 4-5-1 V-style. I suggested the first formation to block the wingers, the AMC and the STs, and attack through the middle with the red arrows as it is two MCs against one MC, but it seems that it did not work.

The idea of the second formation was to block the wingers, dominate possession in midfield and exploit the space between the 4 defenders and the single MC.

It seems that the cause may be your players or fixed match results from Nordeus.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-16-2015 at 11:37 PM.

I have seen a forum user suggesting 4-2-3-1 for use against 4-1-3-2. Next time you face such a formation, try this one. The orders are: normal or attacking, mixed focus, mixed passing, full pitch pressing, normal or hard tackling.
    Pavol Cik likes this.

My team:

How to beat 4-1-3W-2-3322.jpg

Stats: (I'm black)

How to beat 4-1-3W-2-stats.png

Orders were:
    Normal
    Through middle
    Mixed
    Normal
    Zonal
    Own half
    no force counter
    no offside trap

My ratings were terrible. 6's and 7's from players that have never gotten lower than an 8 before. Every member of my team is better than every member of his by at least one star. My starters were ALL at max condition and morale. I'm reluctant to say that it's the players because I'm still dominating in the cup and CL with those same players.

Thanks for all your advice/input. This is beyond frustrating now.
    Last edited by cousland; 07-17-2015 at 12:28 AM.

Famous
    This formation has been a pain to play against, at least it has been for me.

He's obviously passing down the flanks, so maybe throw an extra body in attack and go 4-3w-3 and rely upon numerical superiority in terms of volume of attacking bodies! That's the last formation I've played against it that didn't lose. Just to note, that match was the champions league final (level 9), but even then the match was a struggle as it remained scoreless until past the 60th minute.

Ended up falling in CL group stages 1-3 against a similar formation 4-1-1-2w-2 while using 4-3w-3 in level 11. Then drew against it with 4-4-1-1 the following match.

Tried 3n-2w-2n-1-2 on a couple occasions in the CL groups stages (level 12 - 2 seasons ago). First match I started with 4-2-2-2 hexagon but found myself trailing 0-1 in the 60th minute; came back for a 2-1 win on the road with 3n-2w-2n-1-2. So next match I went back to the 3n-2w-2n-1-2 and got myself curb-stomped 0-3.

To be completely honest, counter-formations help but they aren't a guarantee to success. I've seen to many managers lose playing what is supposedly the counter-formation. Some players are just better than others (independent of quality) and play some formations/tactics better than others.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 07-17-2015 at 01:09 AM.
    Level 40 Manager

Quote Originally Posted by cousland View Post
    My team:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3322.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	49848

Stats: (I'm black)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stats.png 
Views:	431 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	49849

Orders were:
    Normal
    Through middle
    Mixed
    Normal
    Zonal
    Own half
    no force counter
    no offside trap

My ratings were terrible. 6's and 7's from players that have never gotten lower than an 8 before. Every member of my team is better than every member of his by at least one star. My starters were ALL at max condition and morale. I'm reluctant to say that it's the players because I'm still dominating in the cup and CL with those same players.

Thanks for all your advice/input. This is beyond frustrating now.

Why did you put red arrows on the ST? These were not from the orders I suggested.

Did you change the orders (to defensive and force counter attacks) when you switched to the other formation for the second half?
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-17-2015 at 02:55 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast