Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 4-5-1 V style counter for 4-4-2 ?

4-5-1 V style counter for 4-4-2 ?

Hi friends. Today is qualification day for cup. From now on i would prefer to change my formation game by game. My first opponent use 4-4-2 classical formation. My squad harmony allows me to play with 4-5-1 V style.I want to use 3N-4-1-2 but i havent got left winger so i choose v style.

The problem is im not sure about arrows that i can use and also mentality, passing style etc. Could you guys give some tips about these ? thanks a lot in advance.

OPPONENT FORMATION 4-5-1 V style counter for 4-4-2 ?-rakip1.jpg

MY FORMATION4-5-1 V style counter for 4-4-2 ?-tak-m1.jpg
    Knightwing likes this.

4-5-1 V style counter for 4-4-2 ?-ads-z.jpg

I use this arrow build

Offensive Mentality
    Passing down to the flanks
    Half pitch pressure
    Long Passing
    Zonal Marking

But I lose 3-0 against same level opponent. At 2nd minute conceded a penalty goal and when concede 3rd goal I swap my old 4-3-3 formation that was not effect at all.

So what was my mistake ? What did i miss ? Are there any impressive methods to change everything in 2nd leg ?

Hello,
    4-1-2-1-2 ND is the counter tactic for 4-4-2!
    I played always 4-1-2-1-2 and i have almost all the games won.

tomorrow i'll play Narrow Diamond. Which instructions do you use ?

Quote Originally Posted by NeuerOFR View Post
    Hello,
    4-1-2-1-2 ND is the counter tactic for 4-4-2!
    I played always 4-1-2-1-2 and i have almost all the games won.
    From the table on Page 1 in the pinned Counter-Formations thread at the top of this forum:

Formation 4-4-2 - Counter Formations 3N-4-1-2, 4-5-1 V-Style, 3N-2-2-2-1 Butterfly.

Narrow Diamond is not one of the recommended counters, but if you are having success with it, that's OK for you, you may have the players to pull it off.

Personally, I use 4-5-1V against 4-4-2 Classic, but that's because I have AML/AMR players that on a good day, tear apart any formation they come up against, but I wouldn't recommend using 4-5-1V against a formation which has been found to be unsuited to it, in the way you are recommending ND against Classic.

@ Jackers, one of the issues I can see with your orders is that you are using long passing with offensive. With attacking I would use mixed passing. The only arrows I use are reds on the AML/AMR. The blues on your MCs and reds on DL/DR are pulling the players out of the positions they should be in to match your opponents formation. In general, I've found that any red arrows on defensive players are not helpful.

Given your match situation and what is needed in the second leg, I would get rid of the arrows except those on the AML/AMR, go defensive, flanks, long passing, half-pitch, zonal and switch on counter attacking - but that's me and what I would do - you need to decide whether that is good advice for you in your situation.
    Last edited by talisman; 07-26-2015 at 10:59 PM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post

Given your match situation and what is needed in the second leg, I would get rid of the arrows except those on the AML/AMR, go defensive, flanks, long passing, half-pitch, zonal and switch on counter attacking - but that's me and what I would do - you need to decide whether that is good advice for you in your situation.
    I need at least 3 goals to go on. If I play with defensive approach, can I score that much ?

And also the blue arrows was useless. I added them to make crowded defensive wall but I guess opponent team has red arrowed wingers and they broke that wall. I second that your suggestion. Thanks for all.

Quote Originally Posted by jackers View Post
    I need at least 3 goals to go on. If I play with defensive approach, can I score that much ?

And also the blue arrows was useless. I added them to make crowded defensive wall but I guess opponent team has red arrowed wingers and they broke that wall. I second that your suggestion. Thanks for all.
    I have had one of my teams play away at League leaders, use 4-5-1V in defensive/counter mode and win 5-0. But that was my team, who I know, and I predicted/guessed right about the tactical intentions of my opposition, who I could see the match history of and learn a little of how they played.

It is also the way I would play against unknown opposition in a knockout situation because attacking tends to be the way most managers play in that case. You may be lucky and be up against that sort of gung-ho type, and pull it off.

Equally well, you may be up against a manager who will want to play defensively and conserve his lead (you don't mention whether the first leg was home or away, so I can't try and guess that in your case), in which case the match will be a bit of a stalemate, and if you are present you will have to experiment with attacking options (in that case turn off the counter option and use mixed passing).

I'm not saying doing what I say will or will not get you through, but it is the sort of situation in which you will learn more about the abilities of your team and how they (and you) will react while in this situation, for future occasions.

All I can do is advise you on the sort of decisions you have to make with your team, now and when you gain more experience - the sort of thing that makes this game a Football Management game, rather than just a football game.
    Kylos, Gasi and Adam T. Brown like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

General advice for your team: Lose a couple of the strikers (nos 3 and 4) and get an ML and another DMC. You are short of wide midfielders, particularly the ML, which you have mentioned yourself, and will definitely need those players, and cover for them. In an emergency, your AML should cover adequately for ML (and AMR for MR) even if you get a 2-3% hit on possession while doing so. Similarly, if you are honing your team for 4-5-1V, the critical defensive position is the DMC - you only have 1, and if he is injured and you don't have the red packs, or more seriously, suspended and you can't use him, you need cover for that position. An MC will cover in an emergency, but you will need to have permanent cover just in case. If you can buy a DC/DMC, all the better, as this will get you cover in both areas, as you haven't got a sub DC.
    Last edited by talisman; 07-27-2015 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post

Equally well, you may be up against a manager who will want to play defensively and conserve his lead (you don't mention whether the first leg was home or away, so I can't try and guess that in your case), in which case the match will be a bit of a stalemate, and if you are present you will have to experiment with attacking options (in that case turn off the counter option and use mixed passing).

All I can do is advise you on the sort of decisions you have to make with your team, now and when you gain more experience - the sort of thing that makes this game a Football Management game, rather than just a football game.
    I thank you very much for your gracious recommendations. 2nd leg will be away. I will use defensive approach and also if i cant score in the first leg i will gradually be aggressive for attacking.

Also grateful for your transfer tips. I wanna get ML/AML immediately. And also buy DMC/DC to cover substitutions. When the league starts I will use different counter tactics.

I have a optimistic feelings to win this qualification. Pray for me

I'll share my results when it is over.
    Gasi likes this.

Rookie
    Good formation!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast