Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Champions League Help

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Looks like you have the squad for it (no yellow triangles) - I tried with the Butterfly when I had the players (DML/R and AML/R) and didn't get on spectacularly well - but then was the situation I had, not yours at the moment. The only thing you can do is try it - plan out and have the relevant substitutions/player movements to hand just in case you need to switch to another formation if it all starts going pear-shaped in-game. A useful formation against 4-4-2 is 3N-4-1-2, which is just a couple of player switches and a sub away, if you have the appropriate multi-positional players.
    3N-4-1-2 did the trick. I just played him in a friendly and won 4-0. Great advice! Let's see if he actually changes his formation for the CL match we have coming up.
    Kylos and Ioannis Boulakas like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    My favorite formation (at least starting with) is 4-5-1 V but it failed many times vs the 4-4-2 classic.
    my thought is that 4-5-1V or 4-4-2 ND looks like they can be good counters vs 4-4-2 but in every game there is a logic of the rock- paper- scissors.
    You don't know if in this present match, you 'll be the rock and 4-4-2 will be the paper or the scissors.

Today I had the 2nd leg in my semi CH.L. vs a team using 4-4-2.
    After a fail (0-2 at home) in the 1st leg (using 4-5-1V) and having about 1/2 * better quality, today I used also 4-4-2.
    Well, it worked and I passed.
    I was lucky as oppo manager wasn't attending.
    Anyway, the most important thing I believe vs 4-4-2 is the good coaching ("read" the game and make the right moves).
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 09-14-2016 at 04:13 PM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12