Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Counter 4-5-1 V-Style

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    And 1 would think 4-5-1v is the counter for ND... lol sometimes I dont have words
    In a matchup of token buyers, I ended up beating 4-5-1 v in the CL semi's with the narrow diamond and its similar formation (4-3n-1-2) and I lost my star striker (64 goals this season) to injury in the 13th minute. Since he was watching the match, I knew my formation was getting countered no matter what I did at that point.

I was surprised by the result as well. My hunch (but i'm not sure) is the game engine is punishing teams for defensive tactics this season, relative to attacking ones. Its just when using defensive mentality i'm giving up 2.0 per match, relative to roughly 0.5 with attacking mentality. Doesn't make much sense to me, but sometimes this game doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 08-20-2015 at 01:42 AM.
    Kylos likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    In a matchup of token buyers, I ended up beating 4-5-1 v in the CL semi's with the narrow diamond and its similar formation (4-3n-1-2) and I lost my star striker (64 goals this season) to injury in the 13th minute. Since he was watching the match, I knew my formation was getting countered no matter what I did at that point.

I was surprised by the result as well. My hunch (but i'm not sure) is the game engine is punishing teams for defensive tactics this season, relative to attacking ones. Its just when using defensive mentality i'm giving up 2.0 per match, relative to roughly 0.5 with attacking mentality. Doesn't make much sense to me, but sometimes this game doesn't make sense.
    Your right about the game not making sense. This season my main formation has been 4-5-1v, and being the better team you would expect to use attacking mentality but I've used defensive in all my matches and have had a very good success ratio.
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12