Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: FAO Talisman - Counter Formation

FAO Talisman - Counter Formation

Hey buddy,

I need a good counter to a 3N-4-1-2. I'm also the weaker of the two teams so figure that in.

Thanks,

Dreamer
    4-1-2-1-2ND normal,middle,zonal,half own,hard tackl,counter on,offside off,red arrows AMC,ST. If you lose change the mentality to atck and counter off. If you lose again go for hard atck,whole pitch and offside on.

Go Narrow Diamond - ISTR that you've been using this in previous matches, so it won't be strange to your players. If you're weaker, then use defensive/counter/short passing, red arrow on AMC. No red arrows on the STs as this risks them being out of position as the counter-attack builds, or offside if the oppo is playing the trap.

Usual disclaimers apply - you've got a couple of bits of advice here, make your own mind up and the responsibility is yours...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Ioannis Boulakas View Post
    4-1-2-1-2ND normal,middle,zonal,half own,hard tackl,counter on,offside off,red arrows AMC,ST. If you lose change the mentality to atck and counter off. If you lose again go for hard atck,whole pitch and offside on.
    this was no good. On to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Go Narrow Diamond - ISTR that you've been using this in previous matches, so it won't be strange to your players. If you're weaker, then use defensive/counter/short passing, red arrow on AMC. No red arrows on the STs as this risks them being out of position as the counter-attack builds, or offside if the oppo is playing the trap.

Usual disclaimers apply - you've got a couple of bits of advice here, make your own mind up and the responsibility is yours...
    I'll test this out later this evening.

Great advice, quick question, when facing a ML/R without DL/R and for example you using ND, could you put blue arrows on your DL/R to cut out his ML/R?
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title

Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    Great advice, quick question, when facing a ML/R without DL/R and for example you using ND, could you put blue arrows on your DL/R to cut out his ML/R?
    Why make the defenders go further away from the players they could potentially mark? Not tried it myself, but red arrows or none as oppo will probably have reds on the ML/MR...
    Kylos likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

I didn't get to play a match against him last night so I've got a friendly scheduled with him today at 10:03amEST.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew FC View Post
    I'll test this out later this evening.
    Should I run the trap with this?

Ok, just finished up my friendly and while it was still very close I did come away with the win (4-3). The trap was highlighted 5-6 times throughout the match so I think I made the right choice with that.

Talisman, if you see this before my official match with him later today I'd be interested to know if you think it would have been more beneficial to use "hard defending vs defending". I used defending like you mentioned and it worked so maybe I shouldn't mess with it.

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Sons of Pitches; 08-19-2015 at 03:00 PM.

I don't use offside trap as no-one can say what effect that really has on team performance. Similarly with 'hard defence', I use that only rarely - in fact the Palace Terriers Semi-Final 2nd Leg this season (3-0 up from home Leg against opponent +1 Level, +1.8 AQ, result was 1-0 for 4-0 aggregate) was the first time I've used it for either of my 'Palace' teams for two seasons.

So for either of these I can't advise either way...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast