Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By pcmacdaniel
  • 2 Post By Adam T. Brown
  • 1 Post By FVS0777

Thread: 4 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 diamond

4 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 2 diamond

can i have orders for this tactic plz? currently level 2 (narrow diamond)
    Last edited by ypaci; 10-21-2015 at 03:45 PM.

Famous
    I play mine like this:

attacking, through the middle, high press, short passing, hard tackle, zonal marking, no counters, offsides trap on.

Red arrows on DMC, MC, MC and AMC. Red arrows on DL and DR (optional - I always red arrow by DL and DR)
    Adam T. Brown likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    I play mine like this:

attacking, through the middle, high press, short passing, hard tackle, zonal marking, no counters, offsides trap on.

Red arrows on DMC, MC, MC and AMC. Red arrows on DL and DR (optional - I always red arrow by DL and DR)
    In pcmacdaniel I trust - great advice as always! 👍🏻 when I was level 2, I friended pcmacdaniel on the forum. At the time, he must have been about where I am now in the game. I stalked his tactics advice ever since and I learned A LOT quickly from it and still do! That's how I ended up reading this post. I would suggest doing the same thing if you haven't already and with other posters that frequently provide tactics advice so you can quickly access their posts without having to stumble upon them by going thread by thread.

I'm bored tonight so some thoughts that might provoke discussion/experimentation for a level 2 player (or, just allow me to hear my own thoughts! 😋):

Man to man marking has been extremely successful for me if I can deal with tired players after the match (i.e. enough greens to recover for a second match that day or one match that day) and my defenders are equal to or better than my opponents attackers. If I'm using a bunch of arrows to confuse my opponent, I'll be more inclined to playing zonal if I want to reduce exhaustion rate (arrows and man to man will tire your player more quickly - save your players when the result isn't in doubt).

I like pcmacdaniel's aggressive use of arrows. Some things I'll think about with arrows:

If my opponent has two or less strikers, I'll red arrow both wide defenders. Three attackers, I'll probably only red arrow my stronger attacking wide defender and not both so I have equal numbers staying back. Or I'll blue arrow my DMC and red arrow both wide defenders which has the same effect.

If my opponent has a DMC, I like putting a blue arrow on my AMC to draw the DMC away from my strikers.

If I want to try to trick my opponent into playing a formation without a DMC, I'll play three MC and give my MC that has AMC positional flexibility a red arrow instead of playing him just as an AMC and then show my cards by moving him to AMC during the match if the space remains open during the match.

Combining those three thoughts on arrows into a formation strategy: An opponent will usually counter narrow diamond with 451v so think about how to counter 451v and use your arrows to shape your narrow diamond into a 451v counter. So for example, a good 451v counter is 3n-2dml/r-3n-2 so...put red arrows on your dl/dr to help push them into dml/r shape, put a blue arrow on your DMC to shape into 3n on defense, blue arrow on AMC to shape into 3n in midfield and viola! Your narrow diamond will now shape into a 451v counter.

I use arrows very aggressively so that I maintain my preferred formation (after using 451v for my first five seasons, I've used 4-2dmc-3aml/c/r-1 for the past three) almost every game - which improves results vs constantly changing formation every game - but I shape that same formation differently every game with arrows to optimize how I exploit my opponents shape.

Anyways, hope that helps you to think about the game a little differently as you quickly advance up the top eleven food chain! Good luck!
    Färnebofjärdens and FVS0777 like this.
    Breached Protocol - look hard enough and you'll find one, somewhere, everywhere
    Season: 17. Level: 16.
    Competitions won: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16. Runner-up: 4
    Champions League won: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 16. Third: 15
    Cups won: 2 [Level 3], 4 [L6], 10 [L13], 14 [L17], 16[L19]. Runner-up: 7 [L9], 11 [L14], 15[L18]. Third: 6 [L8].
    TRIPLE CROWNS: 14, 16

Same here man pcmacdaniel teach me a lot of things in the game since I'm using the tatics and tricks she told me I already won 3 CL 1 CUP and I win the league every season now. Clever boy.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    Adam T. Brown likes this.