Thread: Strange Formation

Strange Formation

Hello everyone...
    I have away game in Cup against an opponent with lower quality... The Home game I've won 2-1
    He is playing with this formation..
    GK
    DC
    DML.....DMC.....DMR
    MC
    AML.....AMC.....AMR
    ST......ST
    Which formation should i Choose ???
    I have high quality MCS, AMC, AMR, AML, STs players and I need a draw.

If the formation you used at home worked, then that is an option - just need to tweak the orders to make it suitable for use away - short passing tightens up the possession, if you don't already use that.

As an alternative, anything to take advantage of his lack of central players - 4-1-2-1-2 'Narrow Diamond' for example - go thru the middle, short passing, normal tackling. Depending on how much lower his quality, you could use attacking or normal - I'd start with normal and see how things go from there. If you do go on to attack, consider trying high pressure for a while to keep him honest, but go back to low pressure if they start taking long range shots.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    If the formation you used at home worked, then that is an option - just need to tweak the orders to make it suitable for use away - short passing tightens up the possession, if you don't already use that.

As an alternative, anything to take advantage of his lack of central players - 4-1-2-1-2 'Narrow Diamond' for example - go thru the middle, short passing, normal tackling. Depending on how much lower his quality, you could use attacking or normal - I'd start with normal and see how things go from there. If you do go on to attack, consider trying high pressure for a while to keep him honest, but go back to low pressure if they start taking long range shots.
    Thanx bro... I'll try 4 1 2 2 1
    My ST is too better than his DC

Dreamer
    Result ?

Hi,
    I think you should not have many problems vs this illegal formation : 1 DC only and 1 MC only?

I'd try 4-1-2-3, target on the center,mixed pass normal or offensive strategy , it depends on how strong his attack is in the beginning of the match,
    Consider that he can't be defensive, and his strategy is so expensive that his players will soon get tired.

Normal mode and counterattack on at start,to prevent his attack to find space and try expoliting counterattack.
    Later during the match,or soon if required,you can switch offensive and counterattack off, offside trap should be anyway avoided with so many offensive opponents

There are no illegal formations any more, the only thing that will give you an automatic 20% possession is playing a GK on the outfield, even if you have one in goal.
    Last edited by talisman; 12-23-2015 at 12:58 AM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...