Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arion

Thread: How to beat the skewed 4-4-2?

How to beat the skewed 4-4-2?

My next cup opponent is slightly higher rated than me and plays a right-skewed 4-4-2. That is, no DL, no ML. His MR is a leading scorer. He spanked his last opponent.

Do I counter it as I would any 4-4-2, or do I overload my left flank to protect it, or my right flank to take advantage of his deficit there? My preferred formation is a 4-5-1 V.

Generally speaking, why do asymmetrical formations work? Are they hard to counter?

Also, what would the notation be for such skewed 4-4-2? I would say 4R-4R-2, but perhaps a convention already exists.

Thanks!

4-4-2. Pass down your right flank. Blue arrow on ML. Red arrow on MR & DR You've got a good chance, don't miss it! And Happy new year in advance!

"People wait with open swords for you to make mistakes" — MSD.
    ponzu likes this.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

Thanks. His skewed formation was a ruse. He changed it before the match. I lost 1-3 at home, won 2-0 away, not good enough.

So ponzu, always try to watch their games, because I myself use this tactic, about 30 minutes pro game I change the formation, in order to win the opponent.
    THEY WANT MORE CONTENT TOP ELEVEN?
    How To Counter Top Eleven

URL redirection is only fitting, it will straight to the site.