Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By El Pistolero
  • 1 Post By talisman

Thread: Solid defensive formation needs breaching...

Solid defensive formation needs breaching...

Anyone got any ideas on this one? I've faced it twice in the Cup, and will need a counter for the two League encounters...

Solid defensive formation needs breaching...-s31-trabzonspor.jpg

I've tried Narrow Diamond, 4-5-1V, Hexagon and 4-3N-1-2 and not had any luck. Mind you, neither has he Scores were 1-1 at his place, 0-1 at home, all goals from free-kicks...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Anyone got any ideas on this one? I've faced it twice in the Cup, and will need a counter for the two League encounters...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S31 Trabzonspor.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	61229

I've tried Narrow Diamond, 4-5-1V, Hexagon and 4-3N-1-2 and not had any luck. Mind you, neither has he Scores were 1-1 at his place, 0-1 at home, all goals from free-kicks...
    Have you thought about 4-3-2w-1 and if losing change to hexagon? Focus down those flanks as you're not getting down that centre. Play mixed passing aswell to avoid running into defenders.

I beat this formation who was a level above me a few seasons ago in cup.
    He actually tried to counter my ultra defensive formation lol. I played 4-2dmc-1-2w-1 long down flanks counter defensive.
    It is a risk though but I kept a clean sheet when he had enough quality to kill me.

These face invent each training ... (laughs)
    I try 3-2-3-2 (3n-2dml / dmr-3n-2) ... Good luck!
    THEY WANT MORE CONTENT TOP ELEVEN?
    How To Counter Top Eleven

URL redirection is only fitting, it will straight to the site.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    3 def. wide- 1DMC-2MC-AML-AMR-2ST
    def/counter/flanks
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    3 def. wide- 1DMC-2MC-AML-AMR-2ST
    def/counter/flanks
    Terriers came up against this formation with an offset striker - tried the 3W-5-2V as described above. 1st half OK, score in 7th minute, competitive until half-time. After the break, the match changed completely - opposition manager didn't attend, nothing changed on Terriers side at half-time. And his lone striker scored twice. Go figure...

Solid defensive formation needs breaching...-s08-league-fm-round-10.jpgSolid defensive formation needs breaching...-s08-league-hl-round-10.jpgSolid defensive formation needs breaching...-s08-league-ms-round-10.jpgSolid defensive formation needs breaching...-s08-league-pr-round-10.jpg
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Palace Casuals played their long-awaited League fixture against the team and formation that prompted the OP, and have possibly struck paydirt.

A narrow victory, with the caveat that the missing DMC (sent off in the first half) may have made a difference.

4-3N-1-2, Normal/thru' Middle/Counter/Short - lots of possession, shots, corners...

Solid defensive formation needs breaching...-s31-league-fm-round-12a.jpg
    Solid defensive formation needs breaching...-s31-league-hl-round-12.jpgSolid defensive formation needs breaching...-s31-league-ms-round-12.jpgSolid defensive formation needs breaching...-s31-league-pr-round-12.jpg
    Last edited by talisman; 01-23-2016 at 04:20 PM.
    Duncton likes this.