Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ramy

Thread: 4-4-2 counter formation

4-4-2 counter formation

So I've been working with 4-5V-1 formation for a while, but what I noticed that it seems to be a conservative formation against 4-4-2 formation. Maybe I'm not setting the arrows correctly? What do you recommend? I played several 4-4-2 teams who are weaker than mine but would only win maybe by 1 goal or so. I watched couple of games of other formations against 4-4-2 and while I defeated an extremely weak team 2-0, this guy who is a lot weaker than me, defeated the same team 8-0!

What is the best setup and arrows directions against 4-4-2?

I'd recommend that swap that DMC for an extra MC. I used to start with 4-5-1v always, and against 4-4-2 last season, I conceded the first goal every time. But then I made the sub in 2 of the games and won both. I used blue/down arrow on DMC (hoping you played the old version) and red/up arrows on the wing players. And I passed down flanks. Didn't change it since I was unbeaten for a record 26 once.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

What about using 3N-4-1-2, which is suggested in the counter formation table? I for one also fairly struggle against 4-4-2s, I've tried 3N-4-1-2 and 4-5-1V on various occasions, with very random and inconclusive results.
    Manager of Invictus

4-4-2 is the only formation I didn't seem to find a specific counter for, every time I am facing a 4-4-2 I take my time and study my opponent, his players and previous games, and based on that I decide which counter to go with, what you wanna do is to close down his key players and focus on his week points either the middle or the fullbacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Arion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramy View Post
    4-4-2 is the only formation I didn't seem to find a specific counter for, every time I am facing a 4-4-2 I take my time and study my opponent, his players and previous games, and based on that I decide which counter to go with, what you wanna do is to close down his key players and focus on his week points either the middle or the fullbacks.

Oh!!! I have a lot of players that can influence my game how do you go about that Ramy?

Sent from my Infinix-X551 using Tapatalk

Well guys, I have also noticed that most counter formation tables don't give a precise counter for 4 4 2, but I have personally had not too good experiences against a 3N 4 1 2 ....until I started countering 3N 4 1 2 with a 3N 1 4 2 which has worked fine for me.

Sent from my Infinix-X551 using Tapatalk

i always counter with 41212 diamond and its success! aftr mking gols shift to 451v

setting is d same

I have also countered with the narrow diamond of I'm significantly stronger. If I've moved on to 3dc-1dmc in some form of 3-6-1. If the other team is a lot stronger, my 3-6-1 will include 2 dmc
    Last edited by motrin; 02-21-2016 at 12:33 PM.