Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 4-4-2

Question 4-4-2

im playing 4-4-2 (cause im an idiot and never was good with tactics and 442 usually works well for me )

i have arrows (forward) on both STs , ML and MR

Team Mentality = Attacking
    Focus Passing = Down Both Flanks
    Passing Style = Mixed
    Counterattacks = ON

Pressing Style = High
    Tackling Style = Normal
    Marking Style = Zonal
    Offside Trap = Off

this seems to work great against 4-3-3 (narrow) but my upcoming against league 1st 3-2(DM R/L)-3(narrow)-2
    is getting me worried . im thinking to change passing style to Mixed

reson why i cannot change tactic to much is because my team is strong but 8 or 9 players are tied to single position
    also i want to keep arrows on ML/R beacuse they best players i got (one of em is MoM 90% of the time)

if u can point some mistakes in this tactics (like arrows on ST or put arrows on DL/R) i would appreciate the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Bartek Rivers View Post
    im playing 4-4-2 (cause im an idiot and never was good with tactics and 442 usually works well for me )

i have arrows (forward) on both STs , ML and MR

Team Mentality = Attacking
    Focus Passing = Down Both Flanks
    Passing Style = Mixed
    Counterattacks = ON

Pressing Style = High
    Tackling Style = Normal
    Marking Style = Zonal
    Offside Trap = Off

this seems to work great against 4-3-3 (narrow) but my upcoming against league 1st 3-2(DM R/L)-3(narrow)-2
    is getting me worried . im thinking to change passing style to Mixed

reson why i cannot change tactic to much is because my team is strong but 8 or 9 players are tied to single position
    also i want to keep arrows on ML/R beacuse they best players i got (one of em is MoM 90% of the time)

if u can point some mistakes in this tactics (like arrows on ST or put arrows on DL/R) i would appreciate the feedback
    Put a blue arrow on the left sided striker. Why not try high press when in the second half. Your orders contradict though. High press means high defensive line which needs offside trap. Counter attacking is relieving the ball and sitting deep and have a go in fast breaks. Don't you think you are confusing your players? I had suggest counter of, offside on, and press high in the second d half of the game.
    Bartek Rivers and Arion like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Awe Imoleayo Peter View Post
    Put a blue arrow on the left sided striker. Why not try high press when in the second half. Your orders contradict though. High press means high defensive line which needs offside trap. Counter attacking is relieving the ball and sitting deep and have a go in fast breaks. Don't you think you are confusing your players? I had suggest counter of, offside on, and press high in the second d half of the game.
    Blue on striker?
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Quote Originally Posted by Awe Imoleayo Peter View Post

i already did some of that i removed both arrows from STs and removed counter attack

High press means high defensive line which needs offside trap
    oh cool , thank you for explaining ... i thought it meant high pressure ....
    im gonna take what u said and go little different rout im gonna change high press to low
    and keep no offside trap ( i read that offside trap maybe harder to do with many defenders)

if i get in trouble i can change to high press and offside on

thank you for awesome replay ....

Quote Originally Posted by Bartek Rivers View Post
    i already did some of that i removed both arrows from STs and removed counter attack

oh cool , thank you for explaining ... i thought it meant high pressure ....
    im gonna take what u said and go little different rout im gonna change high press to low
    and keep no offside trap ( i read that offside trap maybe harder to do with many defenders)

if i get in trouble i can change to high press and offside on

thank you for awesome replay ....
    Its easier with 3defenders. but it's still worth trying so far you have fast defenders

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinavsharma View Post
    Blue on striker?
    Yes....puts pressure on the right sided center back, so it's harder to play from the back, overloads Am area when needed. The interesting thing is any strike I place on the left side and has blue arrow on scores more. I can't explain how though
    Bartek Rivers likes this.

Offside traps works best with zonal marking and if opponent have more than 5 players in your pitch.
    High press is not related with offside traps.
    For pressing style guide click here>>http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...le-theory.html

Awe peter blue arrow on striker does not work as striker is made for scoring not for coming back.If your striker come back at defense he will be under pressure and his rating may fall down.It is like jackpot (work sometime or fail sometime).Your striker will be likely more to assist if you put blue arrow.

4-4-2 Has may types of formations;
    4-4-2 classic is best for attacking counter attacks+short passes and high press with blue arrows on 2 MC.
    But still this formation is unpredictable.
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Low press and defensive mentality is best for counter attacks.High press and man on man marking are best for attacking counter attacks.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhinavsharma View Post
    Offside traps works best with zonal marking and if opponent have more than 5 players in your pitch.
    High press is not related with offside traps.
    For pressing style guide click here>>http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...le-theory.html

Awe peter blue arrow on striker does not work as striker is made for scoring not for coming back.If your striker come back at defense he will be under pressure and his rating may fall down.It is like jackpot (work sometime or fail sometime).Your striker will be likely more to assist if you put blue arrow.

4-4-2 Has may types of formations;
    4-4-2 classic is best for attacking counter attacks+short passes and high press with blue arrows on 2 MC.
    But still this formation is unpredictable.
    as a Manager we have to find out what is the best for our Players. i can tell you in some cases blue arrows on striker will work. we have to observe the Ratings of the Players.
    http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...e-4-4-2-a.html

Currently Season 46, LVL 42

My Team

Quote Originally Posted by minz90 View Post
    as a Manager we have to find out what is the best for our Players. i can tell you in some cases blue arrows on striker will work. we have to observe the Ratings of the Players.
    Thank you, my left sided strikers have always bin my my main goal source. Works good for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast