Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I have a better team but still loosing

Rookie

Exclamation I have a better team but still loosing

Hi All,

I am level 6 manager with total 4 leagues as 1st and 1 league as second. Now season 6 has been started and I have lost both of my opening games against slightly weaker opponents i.e. I am 50 and opponents are around 45. I have tried different formations 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1V but still loosing. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Please can anybody suggest

Until this I have never lost 2 games in league.

Thanks

only this is game bro

Did you play with Leicester and Atletico Madrid ?
    lol

Hi,consider how each season adds 1 year more to your players,and, if you uplevel, cuts a star to each of them,also.
    So you have to keep your players trained for competition,taking care about those that will retire at the end of season.

Level 4,5,6 usually have the most number of retiring players,as in lower leagues you have neither so many resources (= tokens ,cash and academy)
    to buy many players,nor negotiations to sell your unused players.
    So almost all palyers remain to you until retiring.

if you seem to be ok with your players and formation,please mind about orders you give:
    do you prefer playing defensive(High defensive), offensive (High offensive) or normal?

Which other settings do you make to prepare your matches?

In the first levels, you can have a good team and play attack but after some seasons there are more serious managers you meet, who also start knowing better how the game is working.
    I think it's time to play more defense meantality.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kro Tone View Post
    Hi,consider how each season adds 1 year more to your players,and, if you uplevel, cuts a star to each of them,also.
    So you have to keep your players trained for competition,taking care about those that will retire at the end of season.

Level 4,5,6 usually have the most number of retiring players,as in lower leagues you have neither so many resources (= tokens ,cash and academy)
    to buy many players,nor negotiations to sell your unused players.
    So almost all palyers remain to you until retiring.

if you seem to be ok with your players and formation,please mind about orders you give:
    do you prefer playing defensive(High defensive), offensive (High offensive) or normal?

Which other settings do you make to prepare your matches?
    My players are up and I am buying new players according to the season level.

My current preferable formation is 4-2-3(AMR-AMC-AML)-1
    Orders are below

Mentality: Attacking
    Passing: Mixed
    Passing: Mixed
    Counters: On

Pressing: :Low
    Tackling: Normal
    Marking: Zonal
    Offside: No

No arrow on any player

Apprentice
    Id try adjusting your tactics a bit depending on the opponent. I think it can be easy to win against 4 attackers, if you just go defensive and counter. You are playing attacking, but a low press, I'd think about what you want from those.

Are you scoring goals, or conceding goals? Why have you lost those games?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nifield View Post
    Id try adjusting your tactics a bit depending on the opponent. I think it can be easy to win against 4 attackers, if you just go defensive and counter. You are playing attacking, but a low press, I'd think about what you want from those.

Are you scoring goals, or conceding goals? Why have you lost those games?
    I match I lost with 2-1 and second with 1-0. Unable to score goal and conceding on counter attacks. I think instead of attacking I can go for defensive with counter attack. What do you suggest?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by babarkhurshid View Post
    I match I lost with 2-1 and second with 1-0. Unable to score goal and conceding on counter attacks. I think instead of attacking I can go for defensive with counter attack. What do you suggest?
    I change my tactics almost every match, but it seems like if you are playing a low press, you would prolly be better off playing defensive. Your formation isn't defensive, though. So you would need to probably get a CMD at least to really firm up as a defensive unit.

I'd say, if you want to keep that formation, to go with a high press, attacking. Put up arrows on your AMR/L. Maybe a down arrow on some of the other defensive, and midfield areas, particularly central - so you aren't hit on counter attacks. Put on short, or long passing depending on how stacked their midfield is, and try that.

What I would say though, is for the close games: Look at the opponents formation, player strengths against yours. Play down the wing if he is weak or has no DR/L - down the middle if not. You can also think about switching up those attackers, so that you can help address that. You can move the AM into midfield and take advantage of the wingers, or move a winger into striker and another to fill out a 4-3-1-2 to go centrally.

I think AM wingers may need to be very high quality though, to be relied on. Mine work well, and score more than my striker/s by a mile.
    Last edited by Andrew Nifield; 05-05-2016 at 06:24 AM.

Rookie
    Thanks Andrew, I will try this. My 2 best players are AML/ST and AMR/ST so I can easily from wings. I will adjust my tactics and will post the results. Thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast