Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How would you play against your opponent?

How would you play against your opponent?

Hello everyone

how do you set up your formation for matches? do you play on your strength points like strong winger or your opponent weakness like 1 DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim Bavari View Post
    Hello everyone

how do you set up your formation for matches? do you play on your strength points like strong winger or your opponent weakness like 1 DC?
    Most matches I choose a formation and stick to it.
    If I have a hard match, then I set a counter formation.
    I don't know much about countering formations but I'm still learning more and more.
    The easist way to counter a formation is to use man marking and then copy his STs, AMs, MCs with your defenders and DMs, MCs then counter his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Medo zalata View Post
    Most matches I choose a formation and stick to it.
    If I have a hard match, then I set a counter formation.
    I don't know much about countering formations but I'm still learning more and more.
    The easist way to counter a formation is to use man marking and then copy his STs, AMs, MCs with your defenders and DMs, MCs then counter his defense.
    This works against teams in league but in CL and Cup matches it is not working well with the same formation all the time

I have noticed that using same formation in H&A matches in Cup or CL doesn't give you good results for example if you win 3-1 against opponent in cup first leg with 4-5-1 V then using same formation wont bring you the result in second leg even if he uses same formation

I have noticed that using same formation in H&A matches in Cup or CL doesn't give you good results for example if you win 3-1 against opponent in cup first leg with 4-5-1 V then using same formation wont bring you the result in second leg even if he uses same formation[/QUOTE]

I have never noticed that..I stick to the same formation for both legs

[/QUOTE]I have never noticed that..I stick to the same formation for both legs[/QUOTE]

It happened to me more than once I had to change tactics in second leg in order to qualify for next round and sometimes I could qualify because the advantage of scoring away although the other opponent plays same tactic,,,,,perhaps it's Nordeus effect

I prefer to target the opponent's mistakes. I mostly play 4-5-1V, but I've enjoyed a lot of success against 4-4-2 with 4-3-2-1. The change in tactic I believe has won me tough games this season.
    AH AH — manager of Atlético Kolkata. Named in honour of my hometown club, Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural edition of Indian Super League in 2014.

A good defence is the best offense.

You can't stick to a formation for ALL matches.
    I said above if I had a hard match then I will change my formation unless my main formation could counter the opponent's formation.
    However one formation can give you very good results for a season if your players perform well in their positions.
    For example, I played 361v till the half of the season then changed to 352v after having some strange results.
    Ibrahim Bavari likes this.

Apprentice
    I always stick to the same formation, and change the tactics and arrows depending on my opponent. The players play in the same positions, and more regularly and improve more.

I put 2 down arrows on CM and go defensive with long ball and all that stuff...or go down the flanks if they are weak there. I had on all my games this season till this morning (but the guy had a better team and 13% possession advantage). So I exploit the weaknesses with all that stuff.
    Ibrahim Bavari likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim Bavari View Post
    Hello everyone

I gets good result by def counter against 1DC...in case but as you said in prev post that you lost.
    So it's all your myths
    Bannedlike(forced)//for just posting guides and winning 1 league in 21 seasons without knowing reason..

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    I prefer to target the opponent's mistakes. I mostly play 4-5-1V, but I've enjoyed a lot of success against 4-4-2 with 4-3-2-1. The change in tactic I believe has won me tough games this season.
    Yes I am not always stick to one tactic since I have variety of players with multi positions and SA so I prefer to counter my opponent's strategy rather than playing with one formation all the time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast