Thread: Really struggling with this.

Really struggling with this.

Genuinely believe tactics and formations have no baring on the game. I find it very hard to win. I am out of the cup and champions league and 7th in the league . I have a very good team but no matter what tactics, formations I do, I keep losing or drawing. Can anyone offer me advice before I completely lose patience and get rid of this game.Really struggling with this.-screenshot_20160615-002221.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Really struggling with this.-screenshot_20160615-002251.jpg   Really struggling with this.-screenshot_20160615-002256.jpg  
    Last edited by shiver13; 06-14-2016 at 11:32 PM.

Sorry mate...but it could be that you have not Been making the right choices..... Post pictures of your team, tactics an orders so you could get some help....many xprienced guys here.

Doing this on my phone so hopefully the attachments worke .

Unlike you, I think that Formations, particularly, and Tactics, and changing thereof, are important to winning games in TE. I use counter-formations frequently, and change tactics while in-match and have found that the right changes can swing even the most dire situations back your way. You say you do not believe this and yet you say you do change formations and tactics - why? The table on page 1 (and the update at the bottom of Page 66) of this http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...ation-use.html is your friend - try it and see.

The 4-3N-1-2 you have in the image you posted has two of the most popular formations as counter - 4-3N-2(AML/R)-1 and 4-5-1V.

It's not a particularly defensive formation so try using Normal mentality (or Attacking if a weak opponent), Mixed or Short Passing.

Man-to-Man marking is a condition drainer and is not appropriate to some formations you will face, so use Zonal marking as a default and pick your MtM opponents with care (there are other managers on here who are MtM experts and will insert their advice on this later, hopefully).

Your condition looks down, hopefully that's an after-match condition not what you usually have pre-match. Try to go into a match with Starting XI 90-95% as a minimum condition and with morale at least in the light-green state (arrow pointing up/to the right).

One from my experience: if you have a lot of players in their final year of contract, renew the contracts of the players you want to keep for the next couple of seasons (which, by the look of your players' Quality, will be most of them) - I know it sounds premature, but I ended a 3 season slump of the type you are describing by doing just that.

Read some of the must-read topics in the Tutorials Forum to get other hints and tips generally.
    Last edited by talisman; 06-15-2016 at 03:48 AM.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by shiver13 View Post
    Genuinely believe tactics and formations have no baring on the game. I find it very hard to win. I am out of the cup and champions league and 7th in the league . I have a very good team but no matter what tactics, formations I do, I keep losing or drawing. Can anyone offer me advice before I completely lose patience and get rid of this game.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160615-002221.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	68481
    This was the formation I used seasons and seasons till last year, when I changed to 4-2-3w-1 and I will recommend you play with wingers as seems that generally work better now.

I guess your problem is a individual problem with players so, to see how they are doing if you can share the page with the team stats that have the info' of goals scored, assistances and MoM of all players, this is the info that need be valorated.

Formations + combinations of orders, all can win the treble with the correct players, this is my theory and in this I based to valorate these things.

Thanks for the replies. To clear up a few things, yes this was screenshot directly after a match. I always have their condition on at least 90% and morale on at least light green arrow for matches. This is my current formation. I have tried maybe 5 or 6 this year now. I changed it after losing 5-0:to a team ranked lower than me. I then didn't train or do anything for my next match away to a team much better than me and I won that game 3-2. Can't make sense of it.