Thread: Need advice on how to deal with Lopsided 4-1-2-2(AML/AMC)-1 Diamond Formation

Rookie

Need advice on how to deal with Lopsided 4-1-2-2(AML/AMC)-1 Diamond Formation

I'm going into the CL finals against a guy who plays something similar to a 4-4-2 Narrow Diamond, except one striker is pulled out wide to the AML position. He is destroying everyone he plays (In fact a couple season ago I went up against him in the league and lost both games).

I tried two formations: 4-4-2 classic and 3n-2w(DML/DMR)-3n-2. In both cases I was trying to format a solid defense. In both cases I could NOT handle his AMC/AML. They both had great games even when double marked or directly marked. If anything, I have a stronger team.

What I can say is that they both have VERY high speed (like between 150-200%)....but I played Hard Defending with no offside trap and counters on. I would think that should negate his speed advantage.

Anybody have advice on how to deal with this lopsided formation, or lopsided formations in general? Thanks!

I would play 4-5-1 v Denfensive, short,down flanks, high pressing (go low only if told by the am ) hard tackle (agin change if told to by am) & man to man

I´ve never had any problems against Narrow diamond btw

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunzo View Post
    I would play 4-5-1 v Denfensive, short,down flanks, high pressing (go low only if told by the am ) hard tackle (agin change if told to by am) & man to man

I´ve never had any problems against Narrow diamond btw
    I normally would, but this is not exactly a narrow diamond 4-4-2. I think the first time i played this guy i did a 4-5-1v and lost. His lopsided wide player always seems to do well.