• 1 Post By Al Svanberg

Thread: How to beat 2w-2w-3w-2w-1

How to beat 2w-2w-3w-2w-1

ST
    Aml-Amr
    ML-MC-MR
    DML-DMR
    DL-DR
    I am concerned about my defenders and his fabulous wing attack his last result had played against an active opponent with the 3-1 away win compared to me he had a better team.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanderArmstrong View Post
    ST
    Aml-Amr
    ML-MC-MR
    DML-DMR
    DL-DR
    I am concerned about my defenders and his fabulous wing attack his last result had played against an active opponent with the 3-1 away win compared to me he had a better team.
    Yeah I don't like that these formations work so well (DL-DC-DR too). Should be a much stiffer penalty for playing with less than 2 DCs. The thing is, the engine don't work perfectly as to the transition from defense to offense. With the ball, you get all the benefits from wing-backs/DL+DR, without the ball you can play man-man like you have a 3 (or in this case 2) line defense, like you have 3/2 DCs... In real soccer, you would be killed if you played with only 3 defenders and 1-2 of them joined he attacks like wing-backs or DL/DRs. I've never heard of a team playing with only one DC and hence it shouldn't work in the game too. I am collecting some pictures and I am going to take it up at the suggestion section when I get time.

You just got to be prepared to be killed on the wings without the ball and to face a 4-5-1 team without it. Please be aware that I have not tried this myself, but do you have the players to play:
    ST-ST-ST
    ML-MC-MR
    DL-DC-DC-DR
    Long passes
    Through middle
    Normal approach
    Low pressure
    Man-man defense
    Defensive arrows on ML and MR, and no arrows on the other players (I am not sure on how defensive arrows in the two wide strikers would work) Mixed passing might also be worth trying. Or maybe even short lol....

What do you think?

My ball possession teams (heavy at center) have not done great against these teams. But after trying some stuff I've given up trying to make adjustments since I still got decent enough results and I never had great success with the adjustment I made. But if/when I get another shot and must do something I would try the above...

A troll move in these situations can also always be to carbon copy the guy you are facing and let him taste his own medicine, don't know what orders/arrows that should be used though, and I recon not many have a broad enough bench to put a team with those roles on the pitch.

A good recommendation is maybe to wait until Nico and co comes online, they usually actually knows what they are talking about...
    Last edited by Al Svanberg; 09-05-2016 at 10:42 AM.
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    ST-ST-ST
    hmm, usually doesn't work

4-4-2 narrow diamond
    def/counter/mix pas. /from the middle
    blue arrows to 4 defenders
    red arrow to your AMC

* check his previous games.
    When he had a hard time ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by ZanderArmstrong View Post
    ST
    Aml-Amr
    ML-MC-MR
    DML-DMR
    DL-DR
    If i'm not mistaken, his formation is illegal. He got only 2 defenders, he has 4 players on the right and 4 players on the left (by the rules, 2 is the biggest number from players on each side of the pitch). In order to defend yourself, i would try 5-2(DML/DMR)-2(MC)-1, focusing on the middle. Considering he chose this formation on purpose, he'll probably be playing in counter attack (as his illegal formation will give him 20% of ball possession - or something close to that), so you should play carefully, without opening him space for countering (this is why i would go with a formation with a DR and a DMR - so you can try to defend from the 4 guys he has each side).