Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Countering Narrow Diamond.

Rookie

Countering Narrow Diamond.

Champions league match tomorrow, first leg, against 2nd place in my league (which is crazy this guy's whole team avg quality is slightly over 100%)

He's playing narrow diamond and the game is at HIS ground. I've had sort of success before with 4-5-1V drawing 1-1 at his ground in the league game we had. I had more shots.

I'm not sure how I set my tactics and arrows so I'm here for some help. About tactics:
    Thought about defensive/normal mentality.
    Through flanks, counter on. Not sure about passing, pressure and tackling. His best player is his an AMC whose a great free kicker.

I'll keep you updated. If anything else comes up.
    Thanks in advance!

Famous
    My strategy against 41212 right now is:

attacking, both flanks, mix, force counter attack prefer off, but can be used if you are behind or started on and turned off to hold your lead. Low pressing, normal, zonal, no offside trap.

Attack arrow on 1 or 2 of your best attacking skills DR/DL and 1-2 ML/MR, for a total of 2-3 attack arrows. Do not put one on your DMC.

Defensive arrow you can apply to one or both DC, I sometimes use one on the side of the higher form or faster attacker. You can try defensive arrow on your DMC( to counter the AMC) or to your solo ST, so he might hold the ball until your midfield attackers can support.

I have a series of 2:1 wins with this strategy, but also have very strong DR and DL
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Rookie

Countering Narrow Diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    My strategy against 41212 right now is:

attacking, both flanks, mix, force counter attack prefer off, but can be used if you are behind or started on and turned off to hold your lead. Low pressing, normal, zonal, no offside trap.

Attack arrow on 1 or 2 of your best attacking skills DR/DL and 1-2 ML/MR, for a total of 2-3 attack arrows. Do not put one on your DMC.

Defensive arrow you can apply to one or both DC, I sometimes use one on the side of the higher form or faster attacker. You can try defensive arrow on your DMC( to counter the AMC) or to your solo ST, so he might hold the ball until your midfield attackers can support.

I have a series of 2:1 wins with this strategy, but also have very strong DR and DL
    Thanks. I get what you're saying.
    I also thought of 4-2(dmc)-1-2aml'r-1
    His amc is by far his best player and by closing him down I'll be increasing my chances. I set both dmc's with red arrows and the MC with blue. Blue arrows on all defenders, I'll change to red if I'll see they're doing fine during the match. Down arrows on st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue arrows on all defenders and mc, red arrows on Dmc???

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe Imoleayo Peter View Post
    Blue arrows on all defenders and mc, red arrows on Dmc???
    I want them to stay back and not join attack (which they often do when I don't set any arrows) and I want the MC to help in defense.
    DMC's both have good passing and creativity and if they'll join attack I think I'll still be relatively safe.

Is my understanding of arrows incorrect?

Famous
    Nobody really understands arrows, that's the truth.

I have a DC who will score a goal even with a defensive arrow.
    Awe Imoleayo Peter likes this.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

4-5-1 v style defensive/normal, trough flanks, counter attack, mixed/long red arrows dl/dr aml/amr
    Bunzo likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiesse View Post
    4-5-1 v style defensive/normal, trough flanks, counter attack, mixed/long red arrows dl/dr aml/amr
    I think I'll go with that with a slight tweak. 2 dmc's instead of 2mc's. I'll be watching and I think it'll be safer to start like that.

I'll let you guys know how it went.

4-5-1v style by down boat flanks now not strong anymore. I think. Why.. For now. If i use 4-5-1v style or 4-4-2 i always choose attack by left of right. Choose the weak defender of your opponent. If you attack by right side, Your ML or AML should be on Red arrow.

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by samuelsimanjunta View Post
    4-5-1v style by down boat flanks now not strong anymore. I think. Why.. For now. If i use 4-5-1v style or 4-4-2 i always choose attack by left of right. Choose the weak defender of your opponent. If you attack by right side, Your ML or AML should be on Red arrow.

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! But I ended up playing both DMC's. You guys ready?
    I'm reminding you, this guy never lost in the league, winning 13-0 on his last away game. At HIS ground, the result was:

I think the counter for ND has been found.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast