Thread: Is there a difference between these two formations?

Is there a difference between these two formations?

Hi guys, I have something regarding the formations in this game that I've been asking myself for some time now. Take a look at the two images below:

Is there a difference between these two formations, as in, do these two formations have differing effects to the game engine of Top Eleven? Or do they have the same strategic value against an opponent?

I ask this because, in essence, the players de Jong, Effenberg, Ebobo, and Koch, all retain the same positions in both formations (de Jong=ST / Effenberg=AMC / Ebobo=CM / Koch=DMC), however, the space they play in is adjusted.

Appreciate any information anybody might have regarding the topic!

Cheers,
    DJoker

that i was wondering too because not always i use symmetrical formations ... and i believe the right formation should be more effective !

Quote Originally Posted by Ro Edu View Post
    that i was wondering too because not always i use symmetrical formations ... and i believe the right formation should be more effective !
    Yeah, that's exactly what I figure, since the spatial coverage is much more balanced in the right formation. The big question is I guess, whether Top Eleven's game engine is delicate enough to consider small changes in a formation like this.

If anything, I would at least hope that it has no effect at all rather than for instance, giving a negative effect on your own team.