Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Age in top eleven

Age in top eleven

I have been wondering about if age is a factor when setting your first eleven?

does 11players with the age of 18 preforme weaker than a mix age team? Are experience a factor in top eleven?

are there any proof?
    piyanat paesu likes this.

Famous
    No proof, maybe you'll be the first to discover?

Every player have it's own limits, and these are very lineal during all it's career. If it's bad bad is, if is determinant, determinant is.

age not a factor. maybe can try win with kids but not easy to buy all and good 18yo.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HairDryer; 11-04-2016 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freken1972 View Post

does 11players with the age of 18 preforme weaker than a mix age team? Are experience a factor in top eleven?

are there any proof?
    Sure it metters, do not believe everything what you can read here and what people write you when be asked, it is a forum.

The fact is, and I can guarantee, as younger - they progress faster. In a matter of a stars.
    Small dick guys area in red, blue and green.
    I did that, I won that...blah-blah-blah...

Famous
    Yes, training speeds are clear, see Al's power training guide. However in match play, nothing is proven.
    Bunzo likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    this is not what he is asking. @Rev Dino
    read again the question

No, age or experience (previous number of games) has no effect to the performance of a player.

but yes, the progress (gaining experience) of the younger usually is bigger than older players.
    So it's a managerial matter and not coaching.
    You must remember that it's not good to have an old 5* player to sell with a quality of 40 or 75 or 130.
    Bunzo and freken1972 like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by freken1972 View Post

are there any proof?
    All I can answer with is my own experience on the question. Don't take it as definitive proof, just a tested example of one top eleven manager.

I think the answer is yes, older players play better than younger players. I'll use my all-time leading scorer (Fernando Vercosa) as an example. He's currently 28 yrs old (133%) and has 630 career goals. His goal production really didn't shoot off the charts until he was 23 years old, when he had 93 goal season. He's had a pair of 96 goal seasons since then. Before that, with similar stats he was scoring roughly 50 goals/season. . This season he has 47 currently.

So the correlation in my case is between the ages of 23-27, he had 3 seasons over 90 goals. Before age 22, his most was like 53 goals.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 11-04-2016 at 03:09 PM.
    LeManiaque likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Famous
    Keep in mind skills drop 20% each level increase, and aren't gained evenly when training (known fact, thanks to Al). So it may be that skill balance becomes more favorable after some seasons, like strikers lose their defensive abilities...

So how about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeves View Post
    Young players tend to underperform, but you can improve Anelka much faster (especially if he is an FT), and you will have a well trained player when Iwobi can no longer keep up with your team's quality. It's a good early investment in my honest opinion.
    Fact?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast