Thread: A VERY DEFENSIVE 4-2dmc-3w-1...How to counter & how to setup???

A VERY DEFENSIVE 4-2dmc-3w-1...How to counter & how to setup???

Hi mates, last season this very defensive formation 4-2-3-1 with 2 dmcs and 3 wide midfielders conqured the league.
    - - - - - GK - - - - - -
    dr - - dc - dc - - dl
    - - dmc - - dmc - -
    mr - - - mc - - - ml

- - - - - - st - - - - - -
    He got 26 wins and nobody can beat him, included me who have a better team then him (92% vs 76%). I played with 3-1-4-2 at home and 3-5-2 away, both failed.
    So anyone, please share your thought about this formation...how to beat it, and also how to play with it...Thank you!
    Last edited by bixzarm; 12-16-2016 at 02:58 PM. Reason: missing formation

Famous
    This is, I think, an effective counter formation for 4411, playing unknown mentality (I suspect attack), mixed, force counter on, high press, probably hard tackle. I play a strong 4411 and could absolutely not function against it.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Rookie
    I played 4-1-4-1 in the cup final last season and conceded 4 goals in 20 minutes. The opponent played 5-1mc-4-0.

Tried it a couple of times since and got many goals early. I think this might be a good option for you. Still a prototype if you ask me but I think it'll work. It's worth a try atleast in the first half.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    3Dw-1DMC-3MC-AML-AMR-ST
    maybe
    (defense/counter/mix pass/flanks)
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

yes notice 42dmc 3 1 formation used by lot of manager last season with success. i used a 442 and a 4222 in both matches against the league leader last season and draw both. you can try 3wide 1 222. i am having a match in a few minutes against that formation i post the result.
    Last edited by HairDryer; 12-17-2016 at 12:43 PM.

playing a 43mc 2aml/amr 1 team same rating. attacking high pressing counterattack long ball.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    3Dw-1DMC-3MC-AML-AMR-ST
    maybe
    (defense/counter/mix pass/flanks)
    Thank you Nick...I used your suggestion versus same formation, but this team quite same strenght with me and win 3 - 1!!

Quote Originally Posted by LassanaDiarra View Post
    I played 4-1-4-1 in the cup final last season and conceded 4 goals in 20 minutes. The opponent played 5-1mc-4-0.

Tried it a couple of times since and got many goals early. I think this might be a good option for you. Still a prototype if you ask me but I think it'll work. It's worth a try atleast in the first half.
    Thank you friend...will try it later.

Quote Originally Posted by HairDryer View Post

playing a 43mc 2aml/amr 1 team same rating. attacking high pressing counterattack long ball.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    Thanks, good result! Definetly will try it...

Rookie
    I want to permanently revert to 4312 (3MCs & 1AMC), but facing a dilemma as my best player doesn't fit in. He plays ML/AML and I'm stuck with 4222.

Sent from my Snokor Z5000 using Tapatalk