Thread: 4-5-1 Flat

4-5-1 Flat

I have a league match tomorrow and my opponent is using a 4-5-1 Flat. I haven't had to play against this formation before, so I'm curious as to what tactics I should use? I was planning on using a 3-5-2 Flat or 3W-2DMC-3W-1-1 possibly since my midfielders have some yellow cards.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Famous
    I think you have the right idea on how to play against 4-5-1 flat.

I faced this formation over the weekend in associations and defeated it 7-2. I used 3w-5-2v (I assume a similar formation would work as well)

The following were my orders: Attacking, down the flanks, high press, short passing, man-to-man, no counter, offside trap on). Up arrows on DL, DR, AML, AMR; down arrows on DMC, MC, MC. (maybe DC as well - can't remember).
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 11-23-2016 at 03:45 AM.
    Level 40 Manager

Apprentice
    ____ST___ST___

ML_MC_MC_MC_MR

__DC_DC_DC__

When using a*3-5-2*to*against a*flat*4-5-1*scheme, it's best to play the*long passing*and*zonal marking style. When you play withe long passing, you should have owned striker sprinting speed.

I ended up using a 3-5-2 V and tied with my opponent 1-1 (we were pretty evenly matched). I used Defense, Mixed Focus, Long Passing, Counterattacks On, High Press, Normal Tackle, Man-to-Man marking and Offside Trap On.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasobuh5 View Post
    I ended up using a 3-5-2 V and tied with my opponent 1-1 (we were pretty evenly matched). I used Defense, Mixed Focus, Long Passing, Counterattacks On, High Press, Normal Tackle, Man-to-Man marking and Offside Trap On.
    Confusion.....