Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Toxcatl

Thread: How to counter 4-2N-1-2N-1

How to counter 4-2N-1-2N-1

So I have a important match today and he has a unusual formation that I've never seen in this game before

DR-DC-DC-DL
    DMC-DMC
    MC
    AMC-AMC
    ST

Sorry first time drawing a formation😅

3n-5-2 V or 3n-1-2-3w-1, or 3n-2-2-2w-1 (freaking ugly but works well).

You need three DC and at least one DMC because he'll go through the middle. Put a defensive arrow on the middle DC probably. And since he has only one MC (what a nice surprise!), you're going to need two of them to choke his attacks.
    His defence doesn't have any weak spots and obviously will be a problem. Play calm and safe, start with everything normal-mixed-default, counters off. You can set Man-to-man if you don't need to conserve Condition. If you have about 90% of completed passes, set them to Long.

Good luck, and don't forget to tell us the results.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 01-22-2017 at 12:51 AM.
    Tomiwa likes this.
    It wasn't our day.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    3n-5-2 V or 3n-1-2-3w-1, or 3n-2-2-2w-1 (freaking ugly but works well).

You need three DC and at least one DMC because he'll go through the middle. Put a defensive arrow on the middle DC probably. And since he has only one MC (what a nice surprise!), you're going to need two of them to choke his attacks.
    His defence doesn't have any weak spots and obviously will be a problem. Play calm and safe, start with everything normal-mixed-default, counters off. You can set Man-to-man if you don't need to conserve Condition. If you have about 90% of completed passes, set them to Long.

Good luck, and don't forget to tell us the results.
    Thanks! I went with 3N-5-2 V and won 5-1... I watched the match and his striker mostly got blocked by my dmc every time he had the ball. Thanks for your help ^-^