Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Suggestions on countering 4-2N-3W-1

Antonio Gustavo Hernandez

Suggestions on countering 4-2N-3W-1

Hello friends,

First of all, I know there are many threads upon this formation. But whenever I faced with a stronger or an equal opponent playing this I lost the matches, even against weaker teams I could hardly win. I usually use 4-5-1 V against it. Today I used 3W-1-4-2 against it and won the match even though one of my player saw a red but the opponent was an inactive manager. I am thinking of the success possibility of 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 since they are successful against hexagon.

The formation is this;

DR-DC-DC-DL
    MC-MC
    AMR-AMC-AML
    ST

Tested formations are preferable. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance..
    Last edited by Antonio Gustavo Hernandez; 02-14-2017 at 09:14 PM.

4-4-2*, 4-1-4-1*, 3W-1-5-1*

i prefer 4-1-4-1 to block his am

orders i use: def/through flanks/mixed pass/'low press/ counter and red on ml/mr

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    3Dw- 2DMC (unless his ST is much better than your DC)
    The 2nd DMC can help more vs his AMs instead of the 2nd DC.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I don't agree with you here. Of course, you are way more experienced than I am, but for me, on the contrary, second DC helps more than second DMC. I mean, formations with three defenders (3w especially) are weaker in defence than formations with 4 defenders, but they give more posession.

I think the number of defenders by itself has a big influence on the game between simulations. 3w-2n-() may be a deep and nice looking defence formation, but for the game mechanics it is still 3 defenders and 2 midfielders, and it's not that good for your defending efforts than four defenders and DMC. Well, at least it's from my experience.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 02-14-2017 at 09:24 PM.
    It wasn't our day.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    3Dw- 2DMC (unless his ST is much better than your DC)
    You mean 3W-2-2W-1, right? No, they are at similar qualities, mine is 124% and his is 125%. Till the match he could be improved, my opponent seems to be a heavy token buyer. Most players of him are lack of SA, this could be the advantage of me by the way. This formation could really work like in the past. Anyway, I will post the result after the match is over. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Keaton View Post
    4-4-2*, 4-1-4-1*, 3W-1-5-1*

i prefer 4-1-4-1 to block his am

orders i use: def/through flanks/mixed pass/'low press/ counter and red on ml/mr
    Thank you for your suggestions Buster but instead of 4-4-2, rarely I used these formations with these orders and they have not been worked for me. Maybe I was not lucky, who knows. I will also try 4-4-2 before the match in a friendly.

i ve noticed the def mentality works great with the attackbonus during the match

you can try it in your friendly and see the result

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    I don't agree with you here. Of course, you are way more experienced than I am, but for me, on the contrary, second DC helps more than second DMC. I mean, formations with three defenders (3w especially) are weaker in defence than formations with 4 defenders, but they give more posession.

I think the number of defenders by itself has a big influence on the game between simulations. 3w-2n-() may be a deep and nice looking defence formation, but for the game mechanics it is still 3 defenders and 2 midfielders, and it's not that good for your defending efforts than four defenders and DMC. Well, at least it's from my experience.
    You might be right in terms of defending Toxcatl, but this formation sometimes against some specific formations works a treat by means of results.

i ve noticed the def mentality works great with the attackbonus during the match

you can try it in your friendly and see the result
    Self-deception, mate.
    Activated attack bonus gives you additional 5%, nothing more, nothing less. Mentality and bonuses have no synergy, and to notice such a tiny bonus you need to gather statistics from a lot of matches, a few dozens at least. You couldn't possibly noticed that from 2 or 3 games.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 02-15-2017 at 08:30 AM.
    It wasn't our day.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    Self-deception, mate.
    Activated attack bonus gives you additional 5%, nothing more, nothing less. Mentality and bonuses have no synergy, and to notice such a tiny bonus you need to gather statistics from a lot of matches, a few dozens at least. You couldn't possibly noticed that from 2 or 3 games.
    when i use the 5% attck i get more scoring opportunity (bonus)

when is use 5% def they hanging more around in the midfield

when i use 5% bal possesion the fitness of players drops faster

This is my experience after the update when i play defensively with counter attack

when i use the 5% attck i get more scoring opportunity (bonus)

when is use 5% def they hanging more around in the midfield

when i use 5% bal possesion the fitness of players drops faster

This is my experience after the update when i play defensively with counter attack
    I tried it with an another formation Buster, seems work but not much changes in terms of the results and ratings. I suppose condition is the most important thing in this game unless the qualities are drastically different. So I use condition bonus till 60s or 70s then I go for possession bonus. Generally scores come themselves and it works unless the game decides to troll me but of course formations and tactics are also important factors.
    Buster Keaton likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast