Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Pressing high

Pressing high

Hello guy! So have been trying to figure out when it best to press high. Is against weaker/stronger teams? And when pressing high, do I on/off offside trap? And do I on/off counter attack? I'm a bit confused about this whole thing. Please your replies will be appreciated.
    dsio likes this.

Rookie
    I also would be interested to hear views on this. Please help the guy out or gal
    Last edited by Pjkeogh; 02-20-2017 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Additional

High Press uses a lot of extra condition so use it wisely. If you're playing an easy team don't bother because the condition saved can be used in training which will increase your overall quality. I never start a game with high press because if you use it the whole game your players will tire a lot. I therefore use it like a turbo button when I need a goal or at the end of a tough match to preserve a win/draw.

For the same reason, I try to use condition bonus wherever possible (eg in easy games). Sure, you might only win 2-0 instead of 4-0 but a win's a win and I would rather save condition for training to increase my team's quality.
    czero, Exelous, dsio and 1 others like this.

Thanks! What can you say about counter-attack?

Personally, I rarely use counter-attack. I know a lot of people like to use defensive counter-attacks (often with long balls). You're best to get an answer from one of the counter-attackers. I also rarely use off-side trap.
    Exelous likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I use high press. + attack as emergency buttons if the game doesn't go well

if it's late, I use too m-t-m (because if it's early in the game, before 50', the double condition loss of those two, can cost me)
    Off side trap is 50-50 if will give a bonus or a penalty so I avoid that.

I use counter attack with defense only.
    Exelous, dsio and Max MC Melos like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Antonio Gustavo Hernandez
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I use high press. + attack as emergency buttons if the game doesn't go well

if it's late, I use too m-t-m (because if it's early in the game, before 50', the double condition loss of those two, can cost me)
    Off side trap is 50-50 if will give a bonus or a penalty so I avoid that.

I use counter attack with defense only.
    I wonder, what do you do when playing against hard attacking formations like 3-4(MC-MR-ML)-1-2. I use ND against these, because it works against them. Could low press work with ND?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    my philosophy is to start with def/counters + def.bonus , trying to be careful not conceded a goal early and then trying to "read" the game.

Could low press work with ND?
    yes, why not
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Savage_1 View Post
    High Press uses a lot of extra condition so use it wisely. If you're playing an easy team don't bother because the condition saved can be used in training which will increase your overall quality. I never start a game with high press because if you use it the whole game your players will tire a lot. I therefore use it like a turbo button when I need a goal or at the end of a tough match to preserve a win/draw.

For the same reason, I try to use condition bonus wherever possible (eg in easy games). Sure, you might only win 2-0 instead of 4-0 but a win's a win and I would rather save condition for training to increase my team's quality.
    Thanks. I always wondered if the condition bonus saved or used condition! Very handy to know as I couldn't find it in the forum's

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    my philosophy is to start with def/counters + def.bonus , trying to be careful not conceded a goal early and then trying to "read" the game.

yes, why not
    Good, just learn something new.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast