Thread: Reducing shots on goal with arrows

Rookie

Reducing shots on goal with arrows

Hi all,

I usually play a 4-5-1 V or 4-3-2w-1 i'm recently allowing a high percentage shots on goal/shots attempted ratio. This is against many different formations with 1, 2 or even three strikers. My questions is by placing down arrows on my DC's am I inviting the opposition to take shots from range? I assume that down arrows mean that defenders don't push up the pitch too far, NOT that they play off their mark to avoid being beaten one on one? If the arrow suggests they give the attackers space than I would probably be better off with no down arrows i'd think?? Do we have any kind of definitive of what the arrows actually simulate. Its the little nuances like this that seem to be screwing me up a bit.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CobhArsenalFC View Post
    Hi all,

I usually play a 4-5-1 V or 4-3-2w-1 i'm recently allowing a high percentage shots on goal/shots attempted ratio. This is against many different formations with 1, 2 or even three strikers. My questions is by placing down arrows on my DC's am I inviting the opposition to take shots from range? I assume that down arrows mean that defenders don't push up the pitch too far, NOT that they play off their mark to avoid being beaten one on one? If the arrow suggests they give the attackers space than I would probably be better off with no down arrows i'd think?? Do we have any kind of definitive of what the arrows actually simulate. Its the little nuances like this that seem to be screwing me up a bit.

Thanks!
    I have the same issue here..!!

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    down arrow means the player focus more in defending duties so I don't think that affects oppo long shots.
    I believe man to man marking helps better
    maybe high pressing too but but not sure about it.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html