Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The table of counter formation not always correct!!

The table of counter formation not always correct!!

Hi,

I followed the table of counter formation today but I lose, my opponent was playing 4-3W-3 and I was playing with 4-5-1 V-Style as the table suggest I don't know why!!?? has anyone have as explanation please?

Finally How to counter him next (CL) match?

TIA

Apprentice
    Orders, arrow, team quality, player form, condition, morale, random calculation, trolling all comes into play.
    msdn70 and Houzz like this.

counter formation need update and also realize 451v is not that effective anymore. my case.
    msdn70 likes this.

Apprentice
    ehmm....did you read the date of the post? It was 4 years ago....
    msdn70 likes this.

Famous
    To be honest, this table is pretty much correct eventhough I prefer the update on page 61. Fortunately, it's not always correct: these are not the tables of law! The game would be rather tame if one has just to follow a simple recipe. The quality of oppo matters, orders matter, luck matters...
    msdn70 likes this.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

I got your point but I still don't know how to counter this formation??

Quote Originally Posted by gizzmo View Post
    To be honest, this table is pretty much correct eventhough I prefer the update on page 61. Fortunately, it's not always correct: these are not the tables of law! The game would be rather tame if one has just to follow a simple recipe. The quality of oppo matters, orders matter, luck matters...
    The updated table is post #659 on page 66...

There are a few more options there, it's more recent and relevant. Don't know what the * is against some of the formations, though.

Some of the more recent formation innovations aren't included, from my POV that's the 2DMC defences and the 3AMW attacks, so probably needs an update - in its own stickied post?
    gizzmo and nikolgiorgos like this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by msdn70 View Post
    I got your point but I still don't know how to counter this formation??
    3N-5-2F, 3N-1-4-2. 3N-1-5-1, 4-4-2, 4-5-1V

If you've tried 4-5-1V and that failed, try 4-4-2 Classic. Other than that, 3N-1-4-2 is a good option which I've had a modicum of success with against 4-3W-3.
    msdn70 likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    3N-5-2F, 3N-1-4-2. 3N-1-5-1, 4-4-2, 4-5-1V

If you've tried 4-5-1V and that failed, try 4-4-2 Classic. Other than that, 3N-1-4-2 is a good option which I've had a modicum of success with against 4-3W-3.
    I don't believe in 4-4-2 Classic since I always beat it with my beloved formation 3-1-2-3-1 so I will go with 3N-1-4-2 and I will tell you tomorrow the result

I really appreciate your reply, thank you

Dreamer
    Ive been playing 3N-1-4-1-1 for a few seasons now.
    Alternate between AMC-ST and 2 ST depending on opposition formation (whether he has a DMC or not).
    Have had success against 4-3W-3 using it.
    But, with any formation having 3ST, Ive had some problem in conceding from corners.
    So, you can go with 3N-1-4-1-1, so long as the 3DCs and DMC are good at heading.
    This is needed to ward off the threat from wings too.
    msdn70 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast