Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 505

Thread: CL Final against much stronger team

  1. #1
    505
    505 is offline
    Rookie 505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    50

    CL Final against much stronger team

    Hi everybody. I'm (most likely) going to play against much stronger team in championship league final. I won semis today 5-1, and he won 4:2 against very similar team as mine. 4-2 surprised me, I have to say, because he has much stronger team. I expected something like 7-0.

    Here's situation. My team vs his.



    His team as I see it.




    Any suggestions? Counter plan? I'd appreciate any input you could give me. Thanks.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    17,723
    read this
    https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...best-ones.html
    I have a formation/orders that might be useful for you
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

  3. #3
    Newbie zeffri79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by 505 View Post
    Hi everybody. I'm (most likely) going to play against much stronger team in championship league final. I won semis today 5-1, and he won 4:2 against very similar team as mine. 4-2 surprised me, I have to say, because he has much stronger team. I expected something like 7-0.

    Here's situation. My team vs his.



    His team as I see it.




    Any suggestions? Counter plan? I'd appreciate any input you could give me. Thanks.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can't do anything....counter formation also not give you win because of Player Quality. anyway, 4-1-4-1, 4-5-1V formation for my suggestion.
    SZRilex FC

  4. #4
    505
    505 is offline
    Rookie 505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    50
    Thank you guys. 4-1-4-1 or 4-4-1-1 I was thinking about.
    @zeffri: Player's quality gap is too big, I fear. I never have had such a big difference in quality in competitive match before. But still, I'm going to play that match, so I want to try to win it, regardless.
    I'm going to post result and my choice for the much after the final.
    Thanks again.

    @nikolgiorgos: good video. How much stronger was your opponent in the video?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    49
    Use 5-3-2 through the middle and put hard defending with counter attacks on and short passes to not give him possesion and use offside trap, dont press high as anyway he is stronger, tacklong hard and u might have a chance

    Sent from my HTC Desire 628 dual sim using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Rookie MiddleEarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    63
    Basically you can send your reserve team out there, as you don't stand a freaking chance in the later stages against +1lvl opponents, no matter what tactics and players you choose, you'll get trolled anyway. So, just relax and don't bother too much, it's decided already anyway...
    Level 21, Season 21, never tanking, no draw manip., +1 opp., 451, avg.Q. 140.1
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________

    League : 12x Winner, 8x 2nd, 1x 3rd
    CL: 5x Winner, 5x 2nd, 4x 1/2 finals, 3x 1/4 finals, 3x 1/8 finals
    Cup: 4x Winner, 1x 2nd, 2x semis, 5x 1/4 finals,1x 1/8 finals 4x Rd. 32 3x Rd1
    Triple Crown: not in a million years on those servers...
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________

  7. #7
    505
    505 is offline
    Rookie 505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Teja Chilukoti View Post
    Use 5-3-2 through the middle and put hard defending with counter attacks on and short passes to not give him possesion and use offside trap, dont press high as anyway he is stronger, tacklong hard and u might have a chance

    Sent from my HTC Desire 628 dual sim using Tapatalk
    Thank you. Today I'm playing legue game against the team with the same formation. I see they had reasonable success against stronger teams with that formation. Although, not too much stronger teams. +-10%.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    505
    505 is offline
    Rookie 505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    50

    CL Final against much stronger team

    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleEarth View Post
    Basically you can send your reserve team out there, as you don't stand a freaking chance in the later stages against +1lvl opponents, no matter what tactics and players you choose, you'll get trolled anyway. So, just relax and don't bother too much, it's decided already anyway...
    Why would I do that? It's the CL final. If I loose at least I tried. Also, I'm aware that my chances are close to zero %. Still, it would be such a threat to win it. I almost secured league trophy and my opponent is running for a triple. Having said that, I remember I lost finals against weaker teams before, besides playing with strongest team with full bonuses. I'm hoping he'll have one of those days.

    Another thing, I still have to reach the final. I won semis 5-1 also from a much stronger team. But, I could loose 4-0 next game. Unlikely, but you never know.

    Edit: my semis opponent is also +1lvl and I played 3 friendly games with him prior semis. Lost them all.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 505; 05-23-2017 at 10:43 AM.

  9. #9
    505
    505 is offline
    Rookie 505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    50

    CL Final against much stronger team

    I promised I'll show the result, so here it is. I lost 2-1. Pretty equal match until very last minute. My team played 4-4-1-1. Defensive, mix, hard, short, low. Opponent +2 support.



    Thank you all for participating.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 505; 05-27-2017 at 12:38 PM.
    FC Dacia Terra likes this.