Thread: How to beat 3W-2-3W-2 ? Please help.

Rookie

How to beat 3W-2-3W-2 ? Please help.

Today i play semi final of champions league against a weaker team of 5 points average. I play away from home.
    I planned to play 4-1-2-1-2 (narrow diamond), because this was the best counter formation i had against his previous formation.

This morning i checked and he changed his formation to 3W-2(DMC)-3W-2 No AMC
    It's a very defensive formation and a lot of players on his own half of the field
    How can i counter this formation? i checked the counter formation thread, but against this formation, there is no recommendation so i'm asking for some help

Can you give me advice on which formation i should use, and if i should attack from flanks or middle or mixed?
    short passing, long passing or mixed ? counter attack or offside trap ? pressure on whole pitch or own half ?

I uploaded a file with his line up and i uploaded mine so you could see the squad i have and which are my best players
    How to beat 3W-2-3W-2 ? Please help.-screen-shot-2013-04-01-12.45.22-pm.jpgHow to beat 3W-2-3W-2 ? Please help.-screen-shot-2013-04-01-12.45.54-pm.jpg

Thanks for the help

If you like to attack, you can try a 3W-4-3 with attacking mentality, offside trap, pressure whole pitch, short passing, down both flanks.

A more balanced alternative is 4-4-2 classic.

Both system attack his system over the wings since the center is blocked with 2 DMC and your wingers are not well covered by his defense. Good luck.
    Last edited by Chris Rath; 04-01-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

Dreamer
    Hey, pat0812. How did you do in that match and what tactics did you use?

I've got an opponent with the same formation in the Cup and unfortunately for me, they seem to be the strongest team that I could've drawn. :/

Dreamer
    Just in case somebody else revisits this thread - my opponent changed tactics to 3W-1-4-2, so I can't give any feedback on the original question. I played 4-4-1-1 with long passing down both flangs and beat his ass in possession, but they managed to score 2 goals in 3 or 4 attacks and drawed 2:2.

Rookie
    4-3n-1-2 is how i would play, down the middle, similar to the narrow diamond. Arrows on the DL and DR, none on the mc's, play through the middle, I would be shocked if this didn't work.