Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Jean.Monico
  • 1 Post By adifairus
  • 2 Post By Toxcatl

Thread: Man to man or zonal defense?

Man to man or zonal defense?

Which way is better in case you over all quality is lower than your oppo.
    also you don't have to worry about your team condition since it's superb and the next match is not that important?

My theory is that it's better to have more players on the defensive side of the field plus zonal mark. I believe that man-to-man makes always battles 1-on-1, so the opposition will have 50% chance of winning these battles.

I use man-to-man when i play formations that leaves some open spaces in my defense, like 41212ND leaves flanks open.
    It has been working fine, but it's just a theory hehe
    Anarcho likes this.

if your defender got higher marking, higher strength and almost equal speed attribute compare with opponent attacker, it is fine to use man to man,

but make sure you got enough man on your half field to mark opponent attacker.

if your defender got higher positioning and tackling attribute, it's good to play zonal marking, speed doesn't matter in this case.

but strength always a matter for your defender to win the ball
    Last edited by adifairus; 11-03-2017 at 02:00 AM.
    Anarcho likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by adifairus View Post
    if your defender got higher marking, higher strength and almost equal speed attribute compare with opponent attacker, it is fine to use man to man,

but make sure you got enough man on your half field to mark opponent attacker.

if your defender got higher positioning and tackling attribute, it's good to play zonal marking, speed doesn't matter in this case.

but strength always a matter for your defender to win the ball
    I'm sorry, but it's just some speculations. There is no proof that skills do that, unfortunately.

Man-to-man increase your team's defense efforts (whatever that means) and also increase tiredness of your players. As has already been said, it should be used only if your defenders outnumber your opponent's attackers, otherwise it only makes things worse (AM will tell you that). High Pressing and Man-to-man each increase condition loss (CL) by ~30-35% if I remember Al's test results correctly.
    If I need defense boost and my defenders outnumber their attackers by at least two, I use Man-to-man. Otherwise I use High Pressing. If I really need to hold for a few last minutes, then I use both. But I never do it in the beginning of the match, or players will be tired very quickly, and their performance in the 2nd half will suffer greatly; 160-170% CL is not a joke.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 11-03-2017 at 03:07 AM. Reason: typos
    Jean.Monico and Anarcho like this.
    It wasn't our day.

I'm pretty sure that game's managers is smarter than the system, every time I read these good theories about how the game works I feel sorry since the game system is SO SIMPLE and silly. Actually how the system is working seems like a joke.