Thread: How can I reduce my mids from shooting/scoring?

How can I reduce my mids from shooting/scoring?

I usually use 3-1-4-2, with my DMC pushing forward to join the mids.

I want my mids to set up plays and assist in goals scored by my strikers, but they themselves are having a lot of shots and scoring often.

Of course if they are scoring that is great, but I would prefer my strikers to be scoring. That's what they are there for and what they are equipped to do. I sometimes think that if only my striker took the shot and not my mid, it would have went in.

Are there any ways to make my mids focus on playmaking and allow my strikers to take most shots?

why would u wish for that? Wouldn't having a Frank Lampard in the team better? You don't get prize money for most assists or top scorer.

If you are not scoring enough it is down to a host of factors, your formation/your team orders/team quality/opponent's quality, opponent's team orders/opponent's formation, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Grillman View Post
    I usually use 3-1-4-2, with my DMC pushing forward to join the mids.

I want my mids to set up plays and assist in goals scored by my strikers, but they themselves are having a lot of shots and scoring often.

Of course if they are scoring that is great, but I would prefer my strikers to be scoring. That's what they are there for and what they are equipped to do. I sometimes think that if only my striker took the shot and not my mid, it would have went in.

Are there any ways to make my mids focus on playmaking and allow my strikers to take most shots?
    For now it's not possible to do anything about that. You can set up arrows on mildfielders to return, but I would not recommending to do that.

Well as I said, if they are scoring that is great, but I would prefer my strikers to be scoring. That's what they are there for and what they are equipped to do.

I am scoring enough, it just seems like my strikers are sometimes wasted and that if it were the strikers with higher attributes shooting instead on the mids I might score even more.

What tactics are you using? What arrows, if any, other than the DMC (and why red arrows on him??)
    If you're using attacking or hard attacking .. do you understand what that means (You'll take more shots AND longer shots, e.g. more shots by midfielders and backfielders.)

It seems that the way this game is coded, strikers are more like offensive linemen in American football - they clear out the defenders so the guys behind them can score.

In any case, I've found that the red arrows are rarely necessary. The only time I'll use them is when I play my attacking MC but no AMC, so red arrows gives me all the advantages of playing him at AMC without the (very slight) penalty for playing him out of position. IfI DO play an AMC as well, then there's no reason to use the red arrows since he won't play forward and he'll just tire more quickly to no purpose. the only other time i use red arrows is for flankers when i want them to play a half step forward (e.g. DR or DL to counter MR or ML; MR or ML to play forward to pull defensive wingbacks off my strikers if i don't have AML or AMR)

Ultimately, you're going to have odd playyers scoring - I get a lot of goals by DCs with blue arrows!!! - no matter what you do, but if you use attacking tactics or red arrows when there's no player immediately in front of them, then you'll have more shots (thus more scoring) by other than your strikers.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~