Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Formation to go against 4-4-1-1?

3-1-3-2-1 , 3-1-3-1-2 ?
    Not gonna buy more players this season unless it becomes very necessary. My things have worked fabulously this season so far. So mainly waiting for building acquire new players next season

Quote Originally Posted by Chenga View Post
    Heh, almost a year later.

In league I'm going against 4-4-1-1 tomorrow, we are very evenly matched. Neither has lost a single game and opponent has drawn once so this could be a decisive game in league.

I'm thinking of going with my 4-2-2-2 attacking, since I built my team around it and so far it has worked very well. I have some other good players for different positions, so if there's an injury to anyone except AMC I must tweak the formation.

Thinking I could adjust 1dmc and 1amc with attack mentality, 1 left 1 right. I'll probably check how the game goes first. Maybe it could help with possession.

Or could long passes through middle work well to surprise their defence too far upfield. (Perhaps in this case I should set defensive and counter attacks on, maybe that would work better)

I could do a 3-2-2-3 also. I know I could probably do with 3D, but I'm keen on preventing any goals from opponent, which is why I'm intending the 4-2-2-2 form.

Any thoughts on this?
    If his AMC is any good, you might wanna play a DMC and since he isn't playing a DMC, you might wanna take advantage and play an AMC.

3-1-3-2-1 , 3-1-3-1-2 ?
    Not gonna buy more players this season unless it becomes very necessary. My things have worked fabulously this season so far. So mainly waiting for building acquire new players next season
    This game favours AML and AMR. Strikers on the other hand are disappointing. I would play 3-1-1-1-2-1 but that's just me.
    Good luck, let us know the outcome and what you played

I have DMC, will probably start with 2 dmc, so there is that gap in my midfield. That's why thinking of long passing to my AMC.
    Might do 1dmc 1mc.

Yes will use 1 or 2 AMC. 2 probably so they can pass to each other, to fully exploit their lack of DMC and the 1 or 2 strikers can find positions. My AMCs have proven very consistently effective at scoring and passing, as well as receiving high ratings.
    Only have 1 player who can do AML AMR, and AMC, he's mainly been substitute if injury and so that that I can have bit more variety of formation and in case AMC injured during game, since the AMCs seem vital to my overall strategy supporting attack and also helping to tie up opponent midfielders especially since I lack players in middle.
    ML and MR I sometimes use, depending on opponent.

Thanks helpful comment.
    I for sure will come tell the result and how the game seemed to go.

Okay, I had made a small mistake when looking at opponent, mixed up two, both were Thai and their team names had similar letters 😅.
    Non the less, it was good opponent though my team was stronger.
    I played a 3-1-2-2-2. Ml, MC, 2 AMC (other I put as close to Mr as could), and 2st. Attacking mentality, easy tackling, high press (tried low press but got some scares where it looked like he would score).
    I won 0-1, played possession bonus mostly, his defence worked very well, and he got some good shots at my goal as well. He didn't watch the game and didn't have any fans.
    Exciting game though, I could've had better formation maybe.

Now I prepare for CL will be very interesting, last time I won at home and we are very evenly matched.

Thanks and all the best.

Okay, I had made a small mistake when looking at opponent, mixed up two, both were Thai and their team names had similar letters 😅.
    Non the less, it was good opponent though my team was stronger.
    I played a 3-1-2-2-2. Ml, MC, 2 AMC (other I put as close to Mr as could), and 2st. Attacking mentality, easy tackling, high press (tried low press but got some scares where it looked like he would score).
    I won 0-1, played possession bonus mostly, his defence worked very well, and he got some good shots at my goal as well. He didn't watch the game and didn't have any fans.
    Exciting game though, I could've had better formation maybe.

Now I prepare for CL will be very interesting, last time I won at home and we are very evenly matched.

Thanks and all the best.
    Awesome. Congrats 😊

Change tackling from easy to normal, don't be afraid of the ball. Sometimes you'll need to tackle hard
    !!! And From The Ashes He Was Reborn !!!

Yup, I mostly go with easy tackling and if tougher opponent I put normal, never tried hard tackling.
    Friday is interesting game opponent got 4 7* players, atm12% stronger team. Might play defensive with counters and long passes, and just normal tackling.
    Any point in hard defence, or hard attack, I wonder how that will affect gameplay.

It will affect in the result like 3:0 or more for him if you go hard attack
    !!! And From The Ashes He Was Reborn !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12