Thread: 3-3-2-2

3-3-2-2

how do you counter this? I need to get back after losing 1-2 on the first leg (i was using 451V)...
    This is what he's using:

---ST------ST--
    ---MC----MC--
    ------DMC------
    DL-------------DR
    ---------DC---------
    ----DC------DC----
    Last edited by dogtor; 03-09-2018 at 01:25 AM.

4-5-1 V not really effective against that

use this:
    4-3(mc)-2(aml,amr)-1
    attacking, short pass, both flank, OFF counter attack
    high press, zonal marking, normal tackle, ON offside trap

option 2
    3(dc)-3(mc)-2(aml,amr)-2(st)
    same tactic as above
    Last edited by adifairus; 03-09-2018 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adifairus View Post
    4-5-1 V not really effective against that

use this:
    4-3(mc)-2(aml,amr)-1
    attacking, short pass, both flank, OFF counter attack
    high press, zonal marking, normal tackle, ON offside trap

option 2
    3(dc)-3(mc)-2(aml,amr)-2(st)
    same tactic as above
    I thought of using the classic 4-4-2 but your suggestions are interesting. I'll probably try the 2nd option since i need to score more. I will share the results afterwards. Thanks a lot

-----------------------

Well, I won the game 3-2 and qualified to the next round but it was close and lucky enough. At first, I used 3-3-2-2 (the 2nd option you suggested) and i had a bad start. For The first 10 mins I was 2-0 down already (a 20-yd screamer and the other was from a corner) and soon found myself struggling to score in the first half despite dominating possession. So I switched to a back four (4-3-2-1) with hard attacking , counter on and was able to make a comeback win.
    Last edited by dogtor; 03-09-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtor View Post
    I thought of using the classic 4-4-2 but your suggestions are interesting. I'll probably try the 2nd option since i need to score more. I will share the results afterwards. Thanks a lot

-----------------------

Well, I won the game 3-2 and qualified to the next round but it was close and lucky enough. At first, I used 3-3-2-2 (the 2nd option you suggested) and i had a bad start. For The first 10 mins I was 2-0 down already (a 20-yd screamer and the other was from a corner) and soon found myself struggling to score in the first half despite dominating possession. So I switched to a back four (4-3-2-1) with hard attacking , counter on and was able to make a comeback win.
    actually i shouldn't suggested that option 2 because i didn't know what is the different in strength between your team and your opponent,

don't ever play with only 3 defenders against stronger opponent

anyway, congratulation for the crucial win and great comeback
    Last edited by adifairus; 03-09-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adifairus View Post
    actually i shouldn't suggested that option 2 because i didn't know what is the different in strength between your team and your opponent,

don't ever play with only 3 defenders against stronger opponent

anyway, congratulation for the crucial win and great comeback
    its fine. I won that's more important. My opponent and I are a bit even ( he's 91 and im 90). I choose 3 at the back and 4 at the front because I want to score more goals in order to qualify & the opponent's 3 DC were not that of good quality so I took the risk. Well, a lesson learned for me though...lol.

Anywway, thanks for the help dude...