Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How to handle OVERATTACKING formation

How to handle OVERATTACKING formation

The guy having only 3 players on his side of the field has plenty of weaknesses:

----DC--DC--DC---
    --------------------
    ------MC---MC------
    AMR----AMC----AML
    ------ST---ST------

16,4 stars me, 15,2 stars he. We both were present at the match and he had 4% possession bonus playing home.

The first half I was playing defensive with counters, passes center and long. I call this formation Christmass Tree:

--------ST-------
    -------AMC-------
    -----MC---MC-----
    -DML---DMC---DMR-
    ----DC--DC--DC----

It was complete success. This formation is definitly good counter and can be recommended. He had no comment about attacking in the first half! Although I was defensive, the comments were only about me attacking. I had possession 60%, more shots on goal, more corners, etc. And I won first half 0:1.

Second half he changed formation to "normal" 3n-4-1-2 and the situation changed dramatically. I had 2 yellow cards, he scored once and failed penalty. So, Christmass Tree definitly not recommended as counter for 3n-4-1-2.

I changed to my usual 4-5-1 V attacking and won 1:2 in the end. Possession and everything else approximatly 50/50.
    Last edited by Dynamo; 04-11-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Make it Like This

----DC--DC--DC-----
    --------DMC--------
    MC--MC-----MC--MC
    ---------------------
    ------ST---ST------

DC // keep it between 4 or 5 star (****)

DMC // make The Red arrow (to be infront).

Make u tactic like this

Team Mentality : Attacking
    Focus passing : Maxed
    Pressing Style : Whole Pitch
    Tackling Style : Normal
    Passing Style : Mixed
    Marking Style : Zonal

I prefer this formations-tactics To Scour Goals More Then 3 , but will be difficult when u play front 4-3-3

I'd also like some tips on this formation because I play against it soon...

My initial thought was...

---------ST-------
    AML--------------AMR
    -----MC---MC-----
    ----DMC---DMC----
    DL------DC--------DR

Tactics are pretty much the same as you use for the 4-5-1 v, add red arrows to AML/AMR if you want

Let us know what you used and what the score was please!
    KoHearts likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    I'd also like some tips on this formation because I play against it soon...

My initial thought was...

---------ST-------
    AML--------------AMR
    -----MC---MC-----
    ----DMC---DMC----
    DL------DC--------DR

Tactics are pretty much the same as you use for the 4-5-1 v, add red arrows to AML/AMR if you want

Let us know what you used and what the score was please!
    OK, I am pretty much inexpirienced, less than 1 month in Top Eleven, but I want to understand your logic before implementing this strategy. Unless I understand game mechanics completly wrong it looks like You put your defenders and DMC exactly to the spots where there wuld be no attackers giving them free zones otherwise (inviting to attack).

If I play defensive I would rather put my defenders to mark each of attackers (one extra defender to avoid illegal formation), as follows:
    -----MC---MC-----
    -DML---DMC---DMR-
    ----DC--DC--DC----

If I play attacking I would put my defenders as follows:
    ------MC---MC-----
    --------DMC---------
    -DL---DC---DC---DR-

And if I am crazy attacking, I would play only 3 DCs and would send everybody else to attack (mirroring his formation).

Obviously you have much more experience. Can you please explain your choice above? Giving me fishing rod instead of fish.
    fmldotcom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
    OK, I am pretty much inexpirienced, less than 1 month in Top Eleven, but I want to understand your logic before implementing this strategy. Unless I understand game mechanics completly wrong it looks like You put your defenders and DMC exactly to the spots where there wuld be no attackers giving them free zones otherwise (inviting to attack).

If I play defensive I would rather put my defenders to mark each of attackers (one extra defender to avoid illegal formation), as follows:
    -----MC---MC-----
    -DML---DMC---DMR-
    ----DC--DC--DC----

If I play attacking I would put my defenders as follows:
    ------MC---MC-----
    --------DMC---------
    -DL---DC---DC---DR-

And if I am crazy attacking, I would play only 3 DCs and would send everybody else to attack (mirroring his formation).

Obviously you have much more experience. Can you please explain your choice above? Giving me fishing rod instead of fish.
    Oops, I just noticed he has 2 strikers and not 1. But I was going to say, each player marks a zone (if using zonal marking, which is the better choice). The strikers zones will be marked by the defenders and also offer coverage for the attacking midfielders on the right and left. They will patrol the area and make the necessary tackles. However if you are using man-to-man marking then your above choice would be the correct way, but this causes your players to lose more condition.

AML/AMR will take care of his exposed flanks.
    Dynamo likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Oops, I just noticed he has 2 strikers and not 1. But I was going to say, each player marks a zone (if using zonal marking, which is the better choice). The strikers zones will be marked by the defenders and also offer coverage for the attacking midfielders on the right and left. They will patrol the area and make the necessary tackles. However if you are using man-to-man marking then your above choice would be the correct way, but this causes your players to lose more condition.

AML/AMR will take care of his exposed flanks.
    Thanks! Now it is clear. Can you please also tell me if I need to put blue arrows on CDs and DMCs to ensure that they take care of defence?

I don't think you need any arrows there

Let me know what the score is

Season 15 - Level 15

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
    I understand that guy having only 3 players on his side of the field should have plenty of weaknesses

----DC--DC--DC---
    --------------------
    ------MC---MC------
    AMC----AMC----AMC
    ------ST---ST------

However it seams that this guy won already 2 games with +3 goal difference (scored 8 in 2 games).

SO, how can I score more goals than he? My team is little bit better than his, but he is playing houm.

Usually I play 4-5-1 V style. Anyway, your advise regarding Formations, Orders and Arrows would be highly appreciated.
    Confused .. he's playing two AMCs as AMR & AML?
    Anyway, 4-5-1 V is a good start. You could just play defensive or defensive + counterattack, maybe with red arrows on your wingbacks and blue arrows on the DMC.

5-1-2-?-? might be better. Gives you 6 vs 5 on defense, plus 3 vs 2 at midfield for possession. (IMPORTANT!) This is almost the same as your 3n-3w-2-x-x idea.(Which is a good one - but I'd rather have the wingbacks then DML/DMR - personal preference.) Whether you use an AMC & ST or 2 STs is up to you and your personnell ... focus pass middle, of course. This may seem like you're going at the heart of his weak defense, but I'd bet his tactics are somewhat like Yusri suggested for you (bad, bad idea, IMO) .. which means your attackers might be tied up in his D, but he has no depth so it will free up your Ms or a defender coming forward (NO, don't put red arrows on them - they'll be there on the counter) to score the winning goal.

In short, focus on stopping him rather than trying to win a shootout.
    Dynamo likes this.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond is better! Not only you can cover all his attackers, you can exploit his lack of DMC, control midfield and have 2ST. What's up with exposing flanks?
    My Team<<<<<<<< When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place.” –C. S. Lewis

3-2-2-2-1 is a charm.

How to handle OVERATTACKING formation-meh.jpg

Normal mentality, mixed passing, through flanks, own pitch.

Reds on AMs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast