Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By crystynel
  • 2 Post By Morgan O'Bree

Thread: 4-5-1 flat, what's the most effective counter?

Dreamer

4-5-1 flat, what's the most effective counter?

I used 4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond today and had stats slightly on my side at home with both managers present, 51% to 49% possession and lost 0-2, we both had 5 shots on target, bad luck?

Rookie
    for the 4-5-1 flat you need to counter with 3-5-2 flat. but i suggest to have a better midfiled than him.
    KoHearts likes this.

3-6-1 maybe works, the key to win the match is your 6 midfielders...

Dreamer
    I used the suggested on counter formation table and had 55-45% possession and both of us present with all the rest of stats equal, 5 shots on target each, lost game 0-2, I lacked luck I suppose. BTW I posted this thread after the game wondering if there's a better counter tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by KoHearts View Post
    I used the suggested on counter formation table and had 55-45% possession and both of us present with all the rest of stats equal, 5 shots on target each, lost game 0-2, I lacked luck I suppose. BTW I posted this thread after the game wondering if there's a better counter tactic.
    i lost too,3-5-2 doesnt work against 4-5-1 flat....

Quote Originally Posted by xstupidcupidx View Post
    3-6-1 maybe works, the key to win the match is your 6 midfielders...
    whenever you use only 1 st against 4 defenders you lose possession and field pressure (bar). To absolutely avoid. 1 st works best vs 3man defense. In any case, of those 6 mids at least 2 should play ams.

As for a counter, 3-5-2 V or 4-2mc-3am-1 might work.
    KoHearts and shidoo like this.

3-5-2 v what r the orders ?specially if the opponent is better than me ,he has poor wings but 5 stars 3 mid and def