Thread: big cup game and need to counter this..

big cup game and need to counter this..

4-3w-2amc-1 xmas tree. (him)

Now i only have 1 DMC. Any idea on how to counter him?

sweeper.

How do you play normally?

4-3-2-1 is a modified 4-3-3. There are many ways to counter it, according to your team's advantages. The point is to avoid shaping a very narrow formation. The best would be 4-2-3-1 with 2 DMCs and 2 wingers (and force counter-attacks) but as long as you don't have 2nd DMC there are other options. Btw, It's really essential to have a good striker (>=4*) , otherwise even if your crosses reach the ST, there will be no goal easily. The concept is to have ball possession, zonal marking, attack down both flanks and to counterattack when you have the chance.

If the gap in quality is big, go for a decent 4-1-4-1, defensive, long pass and force counter-attacks . Otherwise stick to normal, and mixed passing.

An interesting alternative (Theoretically is illegal, but in real life i would strongly consider it) I would go for a post-modern 4-6-0 with no traditional ST. A little bit like Luciano Spalleti's Roma. But I've never tried it in Top Eleven and it's supposed to be illegal so I guess it won't work. Therefore, a 4-5-1 could fit you as well ((especially if you have MC-AMC shadow-strikers). Focusing passing mixed, attacking with 4 (red ML-MR-MC + ST) and defending with 6 (rest MCs +4 Defenders), compare your players with rivals before choosing your tactic. It looks like a defensive tactic but, you end up attacking with 5 plus your fullbacks. Worth considering it.

If you clearly go for the win or goal and don't mind to take some risks, you could go 4-1-2-2-1 (a modified 4-3-3 as well), with (A)ML-(A)MR going red, ST blue (as long as you dont stick to long pass but you go mixed or even more, short), and middle (D)MC blue.

Last, consider 5-3-2 or 5-3-1-1(I personally don't like 5 in the defense in any case but anyway) especially if you have excellent full backs, with blue MC, and red DR, DL. Tricky one.

All these things considered, I would suggest a 4-1-4-1 as a general, conservative strategy, normal/defensive, down both flanks, mixed/long pass, force counterattack, red wings and maybe blue ST. Make any appropriate changes according to your team strengths.

Dreamer
    3-1-4-2, it work well with me last night, i won 4-1 on away game
    normal, both flanks, normal tackle, mixed pass, with offside trap without counter attack

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Unonk View Post
    3-1-4-2, it work well with me last night, i won 4-1 on away game
    normal, both flanks, normal tackle, mixed pass, with offside trap without counter attack
    It could work. Not so decent to play with 3 backs when the opponent has 2FW and 1 ST but if you're confident with your team...