Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Against 3N-5-2 Flat's always CONFUSING ME !!!!

Against 3N-5-2 Flat's always CONFUSING ME !!!!

I just played cup against the opponent who used 3N-5-2 Flat and I used 3N-2(DML-DMR)-3N-2 and I lost miserably 2-0 in my home even i'm stronger in both rating and Starting 11.

Anyone who ever succeed beat 3-5-2 Flat in big score ? I need at least 3-0 to pass through next match in cup.
    What formation is that?

I would try any 3-4-3 combination. Since he has 3 defenders, don't use 2 ST. Go for 3 ST or 1ST and many AM. Attacking mentality, focus passing: mixed and probably full pitch pressure.
    eg 3-4-2(AMC)-1

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tactician View Post
    I would try any 3-4-3 combination. Since he has 3 defenders, don't use 2 ST. Go for 3 ST or 1ST and many AM. Attacking mentality, focus passing: mixed and probably full pitch pressure.
    eg 3-4-2(AMC)-1
    First of all, I wanna say thanks that you have given me a good suggestion. But actually 3-5-2 Flat is counter formation for 3-4-3.
    If 3 defenders should be attacked by 3 ST or 1st+2AMC, why he could beat me only with 2 ST that I use 3 Defenders too?

You can reverse the question. With 2 STs why didn't you score any goals against his 3 DCs?

Let's start with 3-5-2. Main advantage? Ball possession, versatile at attack, kinda strong defense when facing 2ST. Any disadvantages? It's defense can handle properly only 2STs. Anything else is a problem. Therefore, you should try to put some pressure there by adding a 3rd ST or by playing with 1 ST and several AMs (wingers probably). That way you have the extra man on the offense and can capitalize on that. He can't handle well with too much pressure at attack, assuring that you have enough possession to put the ball forward. So, he'll have to play with DMC or (plus) put fullbacks.

I really don't know why did you loose since i know nothing about your players or his, nor the statistics from the match. But I might suggsest 5 reasons:

1) It's Top Eleven (therefore no personal instructions can be given)
    2) He had possession and therefore shoots on taret (I'm guessing that)
    3) He probably has some strong MC (I'm guessing that as well)
    4) He was attacking through the middle where you were exposed, while you had strong flanks and weak centre (he saw you had 2 dmc so he focused through the middle)
    5) You used counter attack (I'm also guessing that), therefore you gave up ball possession.

You lost 0-2 so you wanna go offensive. Any good attacking formations that put pressure on 3 defenders? 3-4-3.
    All these things said, that's how I came to suggest 3-4-3. You don't wanna risk all at once? Fight fire with fire, go for ball possession as well, 3-5-1-1, or 3-1-4-1. But as long as you have more quality and better players put pressure on him and you'll be awarded. That's how I see it.

Cheers!

This makes me laugh
    You can reverse the question. With 2 STs why didn't you score any goals against his 3 DCs?

Let's start with 3-5-2. Main advantage? Ball possession, versatile at attack, kinda strong defense when facing 2ST. Any disadvantages? It's defense can handle properly only 2STs. Anything else is a problem. Therefore, you should try to put some pressure there by adding a 3rd ST or by playing with 1 ST and several AMs (wingers probably). That way you have the extra man on the offense and can capitalize on that. He can't handle well with too much pressure at attack, assuring that you have enough possession to put the ball forward. So, he'll have to play with DMC or (plus) put fullbacks.

I really don't know why did you loose since i know nothing about your players or his, nor the statistics from the match. But I might suggsest 5 reasons:

1) It's Top Eleven (therefore no personal instructions can be given)
    2) He had possession and therefore shoots on taret (I'm guessing that)
    3) He probably has some strong MC (I'm guessing that as well)
    4) He was attacking through the middle where you were exposed, while you had strong flanks and weak centre (he saw you had 2 dmc so he focused through the middle)
    5) You used counter attack (I'm also guessing that), therefore you gave up ball possession.

You lost 0-2 so you wanna go offensive. Any good attacking formations that put pressure on 3 defenders? 3-4-3.
    All these things said, that's how I came to suggest 3-4-3. You don't wanna risk all at once? Fight fire with fire, go for ball possession as well, 3-5-1-1, or 3-1-4-1. But as long as you have more quality and better players put pressure on him and you'll be awarded. That's how I see it.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by influenze View Post
    This makes me laugh
    Proud of that
    influenze likes this.

Here is the statistic. So bad
    Against 3N-5-2 Flat's always CONFUSING ME !!!!-untitled.jpg
    My orders were hard attacking, through the middle, mixed passing, zonal marking,own half, normal tackling and you're right I use counter attack and no offside trap.
    I think you're right . I cant use 1 ST+2AMC coz I only have one AMC.How are the orders if I'll use 3-4-3?

You can't go hard attacking + counter attack :P they contradict each other.
    go normal, zonal marking, mixed passing, own half. You can go attacking + offside trap as the game progresses.

Dreamer
    Butterfly his ass! 3-2-2-2-1 you're gonna outplay him :-)
    Pavol Cik likes this.

You can't go hard attacking + counter attack :P they contradict each other
    logically it's true but somehow it brings me unbeaten in league so far although opponents stronger than me. lol.
    Anyway I just wanna say thanks so much for yo suggestion. I'll use that and post the result here

Quote Originally Posted by KoHearts View Post
    Butterfly his ass! 3-2-2-2-1 you're gonna outplay him :-)
    It didnt work for me lately . I had used that against 3-5-2 and got bad result too. That why this formation's so confusing me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast